For Foods Sake!!!

Stuart

Reaction score
Sounds delicious @Supersonic &, yes, the sauce @Otto99 regionally described as ‘milk gravy’ is a Bechamel Sauce, with the variant that the sausage fat replaces the usual butter... but that would have to be one tasty mod :yesway:

Last edited:

Supersonic

Reaction score
You make the meat with cubed steak. Is that what you guys call it down there?

Stuart

Reaction score
You make the meat with cubed steak. Is that what you guys call it down there?
I’m not sure on this Mike, but I think your cubed steak is round steak that has been solidly worked over with a tenderising mallet. If that is correct, it often gets called minute steak down here?

Supersonic

Reaction score
Yep, that's it. Tenderized round cutlets usually. When you buy it at the grocery store, the cutlets still have to be tenderized more. I don't use the mallet unless I'm in a bad mood. I have a thing that rolls over the steaks and it works better.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Aaar! Jim lad, It be time for a pirate breakfast this morning. :thumb:

A8DeBIol.jpg

Otto99

Reaction score
Sounds delicious @Supersonic &, yes, the sauce @Otto99 regionally described as ‘milk gravy’ is a Bechamel Sauce, with the variant that the sausage fat replaces the usual butter... but that would have to be one tasty mod :yesway:
Yeah, I was stoked when I started experimenting with the classic sauces and discovered I’d been basically making the béchamel all my life!

Digger

Reaction score
Heres my brekky this morning!
a9PbMY7.jpg

Note the cute little double yolk egg our new young chooks have given us!

They usually lay them while they are starting to lay and in a month those yolks will colour up more. The yolks are lovely & buttery though.

Note the absence of black pud and pancakes!

John

Reaction score
I don't get to break my diet often but today I did. The wife and I went out for pizza and we had a Hells Canyon Pizza, which is Garlic Chicken with Bleu Cheese, Jalapeno Peppers and a salad. MY MY MY , well worth the cheat....

Last edited:

Stuart

Reaction score
Your plated food appears to be stuck to the side of the wall... The only logical conclusion is that the entire room is spinning really fast.

Digger

Reaction score
I took Gael into town for lunch today as we've both had a hard week.
The Main Hotel has new owners. I’m thankful for that as whilst the food used to be high quality, they didn’t change their menu for over 5 years, so we stopped going there.
Today Gael had Salt & Pepper Squid with an Asian style salad with noodles and a dipping sauce redolent of hoysin sauce. It was very nice! I had Panko Crumbed Prawns with Beer Battered chips and another nice little salad. They were $12.50 each. Drinks $13 so they are also reasonable there. I think we will be back there! The waiter was an Aboriginal fella and he was great, lovely bloke!

I was too busy eating for pics sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts