Happy New Member

• Thread starter Big Pete
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Big Pete

Reaction score
so ....after owning a Gibson for over 35 years I've just bought my first Epi , some of us are a little slower than others but anyway , super excited with a 2001 335 Dot HS as my new Buddy .
First question to the community , any info on these Pickups ? Model name ? Type of Magnet ?
Thanks all for any info
( I might drop a quick post in Pickups as well)

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Big Pete. :cheers:

There is a thread in the Tone Zone that provides quite a bit of info on both Gibson and Epiphone pickups with the specs you're looking for. If you don't find the answer there I'm sure one of our members will chime in with whatever they know about the pickups in that particular model.

lpplayer

Reaction score
Likely ProBuckers with AlnicoII mags. Best stock Epi pickups to date in my opinion

Reaction score
Most ask these questions prior to purchase, but since you already bought it, why not just play it?

Reelrunner

Reaction score
so ....after owning a Gibson for over 35 years I've just bought my first Epi , some of us are a little slower than others but anyway , super excited with a 2001 335 Dot HS as my new Buddy .
First question to the community , any info on these Pickups ? Model name ? Type of Magnet ?
Thanks all for any info
( I might drop a quick post in Pickups as well)
Big Pete - I bought an Epi Les Paul in the early 2000's and did not like the P/U's at all. I just found a good set of used Gibson P/U's and pots. Changed them out you would not know it wasn't a full blown Gibson. Great guitar now. You could also change then out with one of the Seymour Duncan line say Saturday night specials...lol However I purchased an Epi Genesis with the Pro Buckers in it with push pull knobs for single coil splitting. I bought it with the intent to gut it and replace with Gibson electronics as I did on Les Paul however the Pro bucker P/U were great. I am still playing them today and will keep them.

RR-Ramblers

Reaction score
"......a 2001 335 Dot"

....likely Korea, I have a 1999 335 DOT, great axe, Korea

Latest posts