Help me choose: Old Digitech RP300 vs Lekato Multi-effects pedal (a what?)

• Thread starter littlebadboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Perplexed: an Old Digitech RP300 vs Lekato Multi-effects pedal (a what?)

My freshman daughter decided to pick up the and learn guitar. So, I got her a Lekato Multi-effects pedal from Amazon. It's really tiny and cheap at $36.47. I did not expect much from it, but since it has IR and loading too, and I had a barely used FRFR cab anyway, I thought, why not?

I read that it has the following:
Overdrive, distortion, CHORUS/PHASER, delay and reverb effects, including 9 Amp preamps and 8 classic IR cabinets body model, Support IR Loading or Deleting, built in rechargeable battery, supports music playback via Bluetooth function, convenient to playing the accompaniment, and is also an interface for computer recording.

I wasn't expecting much, but when we got it... Dang it sounded so good! I was surprised!

So, I also got an old used Digitech RP300A from Marketplace for $30. I just got an adapter for $15. I thought of comparing the two. It sounded like... Old tech. But, it is versatile with all the weird sound effects, etc. I'm sure some of you are familiar with what it is.

The Lekato doesn't have a display so a newbie like my daughter would understand, but has all the basic things. The RP300A has a lot of effects, but she may never use them, or understand how to use.

So... I don't know which to keep? What do you guys think?

I can return the Lekato, while I I think can sell the RP300A.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Many of the older Digitech, Boss, Vox, Behringer, Art and other older Multi Effects are not bad sounding.
All it takes is sitting down and zeroing in on that sound.

A few weeks back, a young guitar player was amazed at the great sounds variations that I was getting from my older Digitech multi effects units and the 2112 SGS.

I hope your daughter enjoys music, because music is a great positive thing that can become part of her life .

Raiyn

Reaction score

My freshman daughter decided to pick up the and learn guitar. So, I got her a Lekato Multi-effects pedal from Amazon. It's really tiny and cheap at $36.47. I did not expect much from it, but since it has IR and loading too, and I had a barely used FRFR cab anyway, I thought, why not?

Overdrive, distortion, CHORUS/PHASER, delay and reverb effects, including 9 Amp preamps and 8 classic IR cabinets body model, Support IR Loading or Deleting, built in rechargeable battery, supports music playback via Bluetooth function, convenient to playing the accompaniment, and is also an interface for computer recording.

I wasn't expecting much, but when we got it... Dang it sounded so good! I was surprised!

So, I also got an old used Digitech RP300A from Marketplace for $30. I just got an adapter for $15. I thought of comparing the two. It sounded like... Old tech. But, it is versatile with all the weird sound effects, etc. I'm sure some of you are familiar with what it is.

The Lekato doesn't have a display so a newbie like my daughter would understand, but has all the basic things. The RP300A has a lot of effects, but she may never use them, or understand how to use.

The Digitech has a display so perhaps that's a better point of engagement?

Sirdoh

Reaction score
A recent edition of "That Pedal Show" featured Johnny Marr. He said that the trick was to play the guitar in time to the tremelo. It was never perfectly in sync so that had to build up the guitar line piece by piece in the studio. It must have been a pig to play live.

3bolt79

Reaction score

At those prices I would keep them both.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Keep the Digitech. The RP/BP series are great and last. Those Chinese Amazon brands like Lekato are junk and likely won't last beyond a year.
I'm still using a BP355 for bass. It's quite good and connects to the computer via USB for easy preset editing and saving. It has stereo 1/4" and XLR outputs, so I can record direct and run it thru 2 amps and record those with mics at the same time.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Keep the Digitech. The RP/BP series are great and last. Those Chinese Amazon brands like Lekato are junk and likely won't last beyond a year.
I'm still using a BP355 for bass. It's quite good and connects to the computer via USB for easy preset editing and saving. It has stereo 1/4" and XLR outputs, so I can record direct and run it thru 2 amps and record those with mics at the same time.
Yes, we kept the Digitech. Thank you!

Guitarman

Reaction score
If she

I can return the Lekato, while I I think can sell the RP300

Guitarman

Reaction score

If she is just "picking" up the guitar, why would she need an advanced item beyond a good quality beginning guitar, that will stay in tune, instructional material, You Tube and some picks-if she chooses to use one? Kinda like putting the cart before the horse. But, yes I have a Boss ME 20, ME 80 and ME 100. The ME 20 was new to me back in the day and the learning curve was slightly manageable.​

But, that was after I had pretty much learned enough theory, mastered all the cowboy chords and could play along with all my favorite songs of the day-I play by ear. The lead stuff came much later! Is there an amp in the mix also? Then, if so, she really does have a learning curve! Just my humble opinion. But no matter what, I wish her all the success she can acquire in as little time as possible! Happy New Year and tell her GOOD LUCK and STAY WITH IT!! Don't Fold.​

Guitarman

Reaction score

I have that Boss ME-20 that, like all my equipment, is in Mint condition and comes with owners manual. I do not have the box, but if you pay the postage I will be happy to "give" it to her. It is pretty much intuitive and when she is ready for amplification, then she will be ready to go. Email me and we can discuss. I do not want to give out my phone number or address. I have too much music gear to be giving that demographic data out. mikeasu82@gmail.com

Here is the You tube tutorial and basics of the ME-20, it really will do a lot and is the easiest of all the ME pedals!!!​

littlebadboy

Reaction score

I have that Boss ME-20 that, like all my equipment, is in Mint condition and comes with owners manual. I do not have the box, but if you pay the postage I will be happy to "give" it to her. It is pretty much intuitive and when she is ready for amplification, then she will be ready to go. Email me and we can discuss. I do not want to give out my phone number or address. I have too much music gear to be giving that demographic data out. mikeasu82@gmail.com

Here is the You tube tutorial and basics of the ME-20, it really will do a lot and is the easiest of all the ME pedals!!!​

Wait... What? Really?

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Thank you for giving my daughter the biggest smile, @Guitarman !

This is my daughter's rig for now. We're still testing what the best affordable preamp would work well. The Behringer TM300 is good! But, there's an annoying hiss.

Latest posts