How many guitars/basses have you owned in your life ?

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robb Paholsky

Reaction score
A walk down memory lane-
in order of ownership....

Bass;
Fender "P" in pretty bad condition, don't remember what year (may not have ever known), gave it to one of my nephews.
1970 Fender Precision Fretless, sold it to someone who really, really wanted it. $$$$$$!
1981 Ibanez Blazer. I honestly can't remember what became of this one. (just checked, it's not behind the boxes in the corner in the attic)
1978 Rickenbacker 4001. Still have it.
Late 80's Fender Jazz. Sold it to a friend when I needed money for a clutch.
90's Ovation Celebrity. Still have it

Ukulele;
80's Kamaka Gold. Still have it.

Guitars;
1977(?) Martin Classical. On loan to my brother. (He gave it to me for Christmas in 1977)
1979 Yamaha FG 312. Still have it.
Horner Les Paul copy. Hawked it to pay past due tickets in 1980 so I could enlist in the Army.
Unknown Flying V copy. Hawked it to pay past due tickets in 1980 so I could enlist in the Army.
1975 Gibson Marauder. Sold it cheap to a friend in need.
1982 Concord Mark 14 classical. Still have it.
1982 Epiphone Sheraton. My baby, who with I shall never part.
1990(?) Epiphone Genesis. Sold it to a friend who always envied it.
2010 or later (can't recall when I bought it) Epiphone MCE 500. Still have it.
2015 Epiphone Limited Edition 100th Anniversary Les Paul. Still have it.
2017 Epiphone Masterbilt De Lux. Still have it
2020 Epiphone Les Paul Prophesy. Still have it.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Four more gone

Epiphone Lucille
ESP LTD TE-212
Gibson Explorer 76
PRS CE-24 Mahogany

Current total = 80

This number is probably gonna drop pretty quickly over the next few weeks. As some of you know my wife has been battling cancer since 2017, She lost her battle in the hours of 5th march and I lost my soul mate. we have now found out that her life insurance wont pay out, so the guitars will go to fund all the forecoming costs.

Maria Goodwin
51924048316_a851928949_o.jpg

24th April 1950 - 5th March 2022
Rest in Piece my angel.

Imerkat

Reaction score
This is hard for me because I’ve own many of the same guitars. I’ve own like three 2016 Gibson firebird, three 2012 Wilshires, some paid and sold with cash. But i know I’ve only own 5 brands; Gibson, Epiphone, Fender, BC Rich, and Line 6.
one Fender, Telecaster... yuck.
2 BC Rich; Warlock and a Bich in my metal days.
Gibson Firebirds, 14 of them, and one ES-390
Line 6 Shuriken Variax. Bought and sold it three times putting ip for sale again

Then the rest are Epiphone and my guess is 20 ish

Darkness

Reaction score
I'm up to 9 over my lifetime now. Itching to get the 10th... and 11th.

Spirit

Reaction score
Hi not that many really,all guitars listed have been sadly sold over the years,

jackson pro sl2 soloist
fender cp 60,s Stratocaster
ibanez artist
fender telebration Mahogany telecaster
fender telebration flame maple top telecaster

and my current guitar which is an epiphone 1959 les Paul standard

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Two more gone =

Dean Explorer
Dean Flying V

Both of these were gifted to a friend who's been there for me throughout the the 5 years

Current total = 77 or 76 read following & decide for yourself

I did however finally finish the mods on a PRS SE Santana that Maria had borrowed / stolen from me:hmm:. She loved the guitar and I had decided to finish it as a gift to get her through the latest bout of chemo, unfortunately it was not to be (The inlays arrived too late). It's finished now and will sit in a glass case (once the case is delivered) with her picture beside it.

Ladies & Gentlemen I give you the

PRS SE Maria Goodwin signature model
51940783055_16dc4d0dcc_o.jpg

Mods Include =
Ebony tuner buttons
Hybrid Wilkinson tuners
Vinyl headstock overlay with black eagle (May change eagle to gold PRS Signature)
Custom Ebony & MOP TRC with doves
Custom fretboard inlay from "Neck Illsions"
PRS dragon II pickups with gold poles
Hybrid brass tremolo
PRS custom 22 wiring with 5 way rotary pickup selector
Gotoh Strap buttons

I guess this means I've lost another guitar :facepalm:

Last edited:

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Another one gone

2001 Core PRS standard.

This was bought from me by the same guy I'd given the 2 Deans to, with the claus that when I have some money again after all this hassle I can buy it back for the same price he paid for it if I want to

Current total = 76

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Okay so I accquired a new one.

As you'll know from the last few posts this month has been a royal PITA, however on Saturday something happen that made my year. I was sat at home on Saturday feeling quite lost in myself when the doorbell goes. It's a friend o mine and his partner, they'd popped over to cheer me up and make sure I was doing okay. I invite them in and see that Ben has a guitar case with him (nothing unusual there) but his girlfriend has a little combo amp (Strange as I have 30 amps in the house) and a Chinese takeway for us all.

We sit down and are chatting while eating the takeaway when I ask him what's in the case and under the amp cover. He then procedes to explain that they are gifts from my wife that she had ordered before she started her last round of chemo, she had ben order them and store them till after the chemo was supposed to finish - they were her little joke for me going to all her hospital visits with her ( I have a extreme phobia of hospitals - having spent a lot of my childhood in them).

So whats the guitar you ask? I love the PRS SE Zach Myers But was always put off by the colour "Tramps arse green" and through the current blue is nice, the indonesian made models aren't a patch on the earlier Korean models. In 2015 PRS released a Limited edition variant in sunburst (Can't remember if it was UK or Europeon Only) That was the one I wanted. I'd also fallen in love with the Marshall Origin 5 combo but of course both were discontinnued. She'd had all my friend she could think off on the look out for either one of these items when both were found cheap enough that they were in the budget she was looking at she decided what the hell get both.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present =

PRS SE Zach Myers Sunburst
51962281995_fda5a9f956_k.jpg

Marshall Origin 5 Combo
51968807353_ba0eebb935_o.jpg

These probably mean more to me than any other guitar I own - with the exception of the PRS Core McCarty which she bought after the first course of treatment.

Last edited:

Whitefang

Reaction score
Four more gone

Epiphone Lucille
ESP LTD TE-212
Gibson Explorer 76
PRS CE-24 Mahogany

Current total = 80

This number is probably gonna drop pretty quickly over the next few weeks. As some of you know my wife has been battling cancer since 2017, She lost her battle in the hours of 5th march and I lost my soul mate. we have now found out that her life insurance wont pay out, so the guitars will go to fund all the forecoming costs.

Maria Goodwin
51924048316_a851928949_o.jpg

24th April 1950 - 5th March 2022
Rest in Piece my angel.
I'm new to this particular Epiphone forum. Don't know you at all (yet) but can appreciate your grief as I too, lost my soul Dec. 11, 2018. Just hang in there and hang on. Believe it or not it does get easier. But we all have our ways of coping. Like, I talk to and about her often, sleep on her side of the bed and always ask , "What would she think of.....?" concerning many tings.

Now, to the topic at hand.

I've only had 5 guitars in my life. And nothing elaborate. My first was an all plastic EMENEE toy type job when I was 12. Even the frets were relief rises on the neck. The only metal on the thing was the tailpiece that seemed made of something not much thicker and sturdier than foil.

My next was a small no-name cheap-o that was at least made of wood and with steel fret wires and a much sturdier tailpiece. Had that one for a long time(too long IMO). Kept it even after getting a '67 Kalamazoo KG-2a. My only electric to date. I got an Epiphone acoustic FT-145 from my first wife on Christmas '72 which I still have and play. And my other is a Washburn D10S 12 string acoustic.

After a mini-stroke in '14 I still struggle with dexterity and endurance, and it's slowly getting better. I'm considering, just for shits and giggles, to get an electric someday. Not sure what make and model it's going to be, too many considerations at this juncture. And when the time finally comes, you just might find me asking all y'all here for advice and pointers. :)

Whitefang

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Okay so I accquired a new one.

As you'll know from the last few posts this month has been a royal PITA, however on Saturday something happen that made my year. I was sat at home on Saturday feeling quite lost in myself when the doorbell goes. It's a friend o mine and his partner, they'd popped over to cheer me up and make sure I was doing okay. I invite them in and see that Ben has a guitar case with him (nothing unusual there) but his girlfriend has a little combo amp (Strange as I have 30 amps in the house) and a Chinese takeway for us all.

We sit down and are chatting while eating the takeaway when I ask him what's in the case and under the amp cover. He then procedes to explain that they are gifts from my wife that she had ordered before she started her last round of chemo, she had ben order them and store them till after the chemo was supposed to finish - they were her little joke for me going to all her hospital visits with her ( I have a extreme phobia of hospitals - having spent a lot of my childhood in them).

So whats the guitar you ask? I love the PRS SE Zach Myers But was always put off by the colour "Tramps arse green" and through the current blue is nice, the indonesian made models aren't a patch on the earlier Korean models. In 2015 PRS released a Limited edition variant in sunburst (Can't remember if it was UK or Europeon Only) That was the one I wanted. I'd also fallen in love with the Marshall Origin 5 combo but of course both were discontinnued. She'd had all my friend she could think off on the look out for either one of these items when both were found cheap enough that they were in the budget she was looking at she decided what the hell get both.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present =

PRS SE Zach Myers Sunburst
51962281995_fda5a9f956_k.jpg

Marshall Origin 5 Combo
51968807353_ba0eebb935_o.jpg

These probably mean more to me than any other guitar I own - with the exception of the PRS Core McCarty which she bought after the first course of treatment.
❤️

Latest posts