How many of you collect Epiphones and how many do you own?

• Thread starter Bobbydazzler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shimmilou

Reaction score
Me too, just ordered mine (non signature, no case). The guitar is in stock, ready to ship, just waiting for the EPI case which is back-ordered. Will post pics when I get it, hopefully no more than a week to wait. This brings the total to 11 EPIs for me ..... :)

Changed my order from the EPI Slash LP to a PRS SE Tremonti. I still like my EPIs, but the PRS is a whole other vibe. Great, now I’m collecting PRS too. :facepalm: :cool:

Stuart

Reaction score
OK, I’m gonna put it on the record... despite the fact that many of you will see my OCD driven approach as bat $#!T crazy...

I do consider myself an Epi mini collector... but from the early onset of my Epi GAS, shortly after the 2008 acquisition of my first Epi (a ‘95 Samick Non-Reverse Thunderbird) I recognised my capacity to blow a fortune chasing the very best of all of the beautiful guitars that were being displayed & praised in-store & across various forums...

So, seeing real quality & great value for money in them, I limited my purchase options largely around my initial purchase i.e 1990s MIK Epis... Unfortunately, hard times saw me having to very reluctantly sell a few of these, along with some other geets, some years back... Thankfully, those bad years have now passed & I am back on the collector’s trail...

Whilst my renewed obsession keeps me, somewhat frustratingly, away from owning some jaw-droppingly stunning newer Epis, e.g a Bonamasa Firebird Treasure, it has provided me with a really satisfying world wide hunt for alternatives that 1. fit the 90s MIK criteria, 2. fill year &/or factory of production &/OR tonal gaps in my small collection &, most importantly, 3. have me drowning in my own drool... Topping my long term ‘lust list’ is a Mid 90s Blondie Rivoli Bass, but I would happily swap out ‘Big Red’ (a ring in 2000 Indonesian PR100 that I literally saved from a skip bin) for a ‘94 or ‘95 Jeff ‘Skunk’ Baxter Florentine Cut acoustic (Mahogany or Natural please)

I really only have hook space for about eight guitars and basses, so it will never be a huge collection, and my self imposed criteria also means that Mrs Eggs is reluctant to oppose my excitement when I identify a likely candidate...

Yes, my Epis have provided me with immeasurable pleasure across the last decade, sometimes when not much else has been going that well, & my growing interest in these real ‘bang for your buck’ geets has also spawned a couple of real friendships along the way... so I will proudly put my hand up & declare “Hi, my name is Stuart, but you can call me ‘Eggs’, & I am an Epi-addict”

18A1ECCC-94B8-488C-A5C4-F55D28903E96.jpeg
A17B6E72-E61E-40ED-9BE8-B076A1BFE9AE.jpeg
C9E20D4F-745E-489B-A0FB-08FDFB6FBD3B.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts