How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
Not looking forward to today much!

35C is our predicted top and that equates to 100 degrees F. I struggled working out side all day yesterday and this is a lot warmer. I also have a lot more to get done today.

"Time & tides wait for no man" (Christmas marches relentlessly towards us however)

I guess that's why they invented beer

IGRocker

Reaction score
Not looking forward to today much!

35C is our predicted top and that equates to 100 degrees F. I struggled working out side all day yesterday and this is a lot warmer. I also have a lot more to get done today.

"Time & tides wait for no man" (Christmas marches relentlessly towards us however)

I guess that's why they invented beer
Whoa, way too hot for me!! Although it could certainly be warmer here... High of 34f/1c today with some stray snow flakes falling. Overall it's just cold.

Digger

Reaction score
Whoa, way too hot for me!! Although it could certainly be warmer here... High of 34f/1c today with some stray snow flakes falling. Overall it's just cold.
I don't mind sharing!

'king hot here today alright and my bum dragged working most of the day in full sun. However a soothing (and medicinal) Scotch is helping, though one dose may not be enough.....Grin~

Digger

Reaction score
36C (102F) here as the hot spell continues. It's early in the season to get this sort of heat so I guess that's the ol' El Nino kickin' in.

Worked hard in the sun for the last 2 days and it knocked me around a bit, so slowing down some today.

Tomorrow is a day of extreme fire danger as it's going to be very windy and there are thunderstorms expected. This is when we dial into our local ABC "emergency broadcaster" and start to listen for warnings.

This is the down-side of living in Oz!

IGRocker

Reaction score
I was finally able to find out how good the Miata is in the snow.... It's terrible on the current all season tires. They're technically a track tire with some extra silicates for snow traction but I'm calling BS on that. This is why I still have my truck...

High of 28f today and so far we have 2"/5cm of snow

TomL

Reaction score
For the past week, it has been exceptionally mild for the time of year. Newcastle is bang on 55 degrees north. That's the same latitude as parts of Alaska and Siberia. OK, due to the Gulf Stream, our winters are never anywhere near theirs (we don't really tend to get much snow, sometimes none at all) But it's 8am, not even light outside yet, less than a week from Christmas, and it's 15c (59F). We've been known to get that in the summer (admittedly it would be a little on the cool side even for summer in North East England). If it wasn't for the short days and all the Christmas stuff, it could be May.

Digger

Reaction score
Whew!

A change came through just after tea last night and what a relief that was! There was a lovely breeze so we cooked and ate outside, sitting out until dark.

Today is 22C predicted max. (74F)

I can get some heavy work done outside today thankfully.

Good to hear about the milder than normal conditions that seem to be softening the onset of winter for you in the north. Perhaps that will be the pattern for this season?

Digger

Reaction score
26 C (82F) here today and already a warm morning!

Last round of mowing and some slashing today to tidy up for Christmas Day.

Digger

Reaction score
29C (89f) here today, Christmas Eve!

Lots to do still but family are coming today and I'm gonna put them to work!

It was hot yesterday mowing and slashing out in the paddocks, where I was having a final clean-up.

With this heat the grass is slowing down and starting to dry off so maybe I can step back from doing it weekly soon.

Digger

Reaction score
Sounds like you are having an Aussie winter there Peter!

Too bloody hot Christmas day to eat outside but a storm yesterday, Boxing Day, bought lots of rain and welcome cool temperatures.

A nice cool day here of 20 C today and that makes us happy as the constant heat is wearing. (70F)

IGRocker

Reaction score
Christmas was a little wet. There was roughly an inch of snow the night of Christmas Eve, but it was all melted by noon or so. This made for a muddy trek up my uncle's driveway to his new house. It wound up being cloudy and off and on drizzles all day and 40 or so for a high.

At least it was warm inside!

TomL

Reaction score
The weather has cooled down over the past few days. It's not unbearably cold, but it's been cold enough for me to do my usual class thing of storing beer in my back yard to free up fridge space.

It's been pretty wet, and large parts of Northern England have been badly hit by flooding. Cumbria several times in four weeks and Lancashire and Yorkshire in the last few days. There's been a few isolated incidents in the North East, but here in Newcastle, it's been OK.

Latest posts