How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
The weather has cooled down over the past few days. It's not unbearably cold, but it's been cold enough for me to do my usual class thing of storing beer in my back yard to free up fridge space.

It's been pretty wet, and large parts of Northern England have been badly hit by flooding. Cumbria several times in four weeks and Lancashire and Yorkshire in the last few days. There's been a few isolated incidents in the North East, but here in Newcastle, it's been OK.

Chilled beer in England? Well I never~

Digger

Reaction score
Haha! Contrary to popular belief, we do like some of our beers chilled (Lager, IPA, Brown Ale), though there are some that aren't meant to be. I've got to admit, I'm not a fan of beers served at room temp.
You must be an honorary Aussie then!

25C or 80F here today and a gorgeous morning so far.

BGood

Reaction score
F I N A L L Y !
30/40 cm expected in the next 24 hours, That's almost 2cm an hour.
We're just about a month late on this delivery.

BGood

Reaction score
Trajectory is about right. This storm will pick up plenty of moisture over the Great Lakes.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Twas ditch weather on the way home from a friend's house. I hit some ice doing about 30mph on a back road, and by the point where I could have corrected it, the ditch was already sucking me in. My truck was already in 4x4 so I just kept my foot down and almost made it out. I backed up to take another run at it and wound up with three wheels off the ground... Go figure. The snow was so high I couldn't open my doors on either side, so it must've been at least 4 feet deep in the ditch. Thankfully my friend and his dad came out with their suv, and I had a chain. On my way home I pulled a little Honda Civic out of a ditch on the main highway.

As of 11:40pm it's still snowing and it's a bit nippy at 18f/-8c :ohno:

BGood

Reaction score
Ditch weather ... I like that. Here we name curves on dirt roads by who went into that ditch. Oh yeah, Robert's curve.

It finally looks like winter out there.

Digger

Reaction score
I'm almost shivering reading these last posts!

Today is 29C (88F) heading towards a hot one tomorrow for New Year's Eve.

Grass is browning off quickly and the mowing should slow down a bit for a while, whilst the fire risk increases a lot. Summer in Oz!

Digger

Reaction score
Too bloody hot!

37C or 104F here on the last day of the year! Sweating like a pig yesterday and more to come. Hoping for a cooler evening to see out the dying hours of 2015.

Digger

Reaction score
A little cooler today as a tropical low makes it's way from the Gulf of Carpentaria (top end) across to the east coast and down to the easterly tip in the south. We call those "east coast lows" and they can hover over the place for days dumping heaps of rain, even causing floods. None of that should be the case this time, more likely at the end of the season in fact. I feel sorry for the poor buggers in the flooding in Britain though.

So it's a bit cooler here with 33C predicted or 96F and there is a light overcast easing the effects of the sun so far this morning.

2016 looks OK so far!

BGood

Reaction score
We're still back in last year here. You're going too fast ... breathe through the nose some.

Digger

Reaction score
Nah mate, gotta jump right in and get on with it!

Besides time & tides wait for no man.

Digger

Reaction score
A pretty violent hailstorm followed by (literally) horizontal rain, came through here yesterday afternoon and that cooled things down a lot!

Today is a comfortable 22C (74F) and showery.

Digger

Reaction score
A wet 24 hours and more today. Coolish with 20C (70F) and more showers.

I ain't complaining though as while it rains it doesn't burn!!

Latest posts