How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
At 10:05 it's a cool 41F w/55% RH under sunny skies headed for a high of 61F. It's another beautiful autumn day.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Theres this old codger in a long white robe and flowing beard seems to be building a big boat down my paddock! Then there’s all these animals in twos waiting in a queue which disappears into the rain.

Do you reckon if I offer him the use of my power tools and shed it would get us a place in the queue?

Fairly pissing down!

Ask him if he's the one who made off with my wood chisel will ya? :D

Digger

Reaction score
Big rain here folks and this place is looking like a lake! I don’t think we will be moving a car out in this today as it might be risky. I was talking to my daughter Vicki who lives 2000 kilometres north and she was wondering if she could even get home through the running water yesterday!! I see there have been rescues up there too. So it’s pretty widespread ATM.

Water is backing up behind the house and I’m going to have to wade in and make sure the grates aren’t blocking up with leaves and stuff. I might need to do some tractor work behind the dam to unblock the spillway as one of the contractors has left a pile of dirt there. Lots more rain expected here today!

All part of life in the bush!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
He asks is your’s made out of copper or iron?

Uh.....it's one of the newer models made from unobtanium with a laser cut carbon steel blade. Tell him he's welcome to borrow it for a bit but sooner or later I'm gonna need it to shave. I like to just plane down my beard from time to time. :D

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Big rain here folks and this place is looking like a lake! I don’t think we will be moving a car out in this today as it might be risky. I was talking to my daughter Vicki who lives 2000 kilometres north and she was wondering if she could even get home through the running water yesterday!! I see there have been rescues up there too. So it’s pretty widespread ATM.

Water is backing up behind the house and I’m going to have to wade in and make sure the grates aren’t blocking up with leaves and stuff. I might need to do some tractor work behind the dam to unblock the spillway as one of the contractors has left a pile of dirt there. Lots more rain expected here today!

All part of life in the bush!

Wow.....you guys are getting some "Biblical" rains aren't you?

Digger

Reaction score
Uh.....it's one of the newer models made from unobtanium with a laser cut carbon steel blade. Tell him he's welcome to borrow it for a bit but sooner or later I'm gonna need it to shave. I like to just plane down my beard from time to time. :D
Chuckle~

Digger

Reaction score
Wow.....you guys are getting some "Biblical" rains aren't you?
We go in cycles and are affected by the warmth of water currents to the north of us greatly. For 3 years the La Nina brought us deep drought and now the opposite El Nina brings us cooler wet weather. My observations tell me in the US you experience opposite weather to us in some in some areas. Maybe on the Pacific side?

The grass is so long here I’m looking out for Tigers!!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
We go in cycles and are affected by the warmth of water currents to the north of us greatly. For 3 years the La Nina brought us deep drought and now the opposite El Nina brings us cooler wet weather. My observations tell me in the US you experience opposite weather to us in some in some areas. Maybe on the Pacific side?

The grass is so long here I’m looking out for Tigers!!

That could very well be true but our far West has been in a drought cycle for many years.

Digger

Reaction score
Now getting major flood warnings for the rivers so later today we might be cut off from town. It’s all happened before though so nothing new.
mufkG9Eh.jpg

kHfgFSRh.jpg

Spillway
tQA1e7hh.jpg

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's somewhat cloudy and overcast here this morning but still 48F w/43% RH at 10:00 AM and we're looking for a high of 66F so still very warm for mid November.

Digger

Reaction score
Guess it won't be catching on fire then eh?

Hopefully not this season, though growth is unprecedented. Besides it’s someone else's turn for that, not us.

The highway bridge in town hasn’t gone under yet but may later today. At least the rain has stopped for now. However water moves down the rivers from the high country for days and affects levels downstream. Even my mate Tony 3 kilometres away is flooded in apparently. We've had the usual rescues, people in cars trapped in floodwaters etc. So far no deaths thankfully. At least I don’t have to water the garden~

Mike Drop

Reaction score
In Columbus New Mexico, 21C this afternoon. 4C overnight. Dry as a Sunday school picnic. Current outside 16% relative humidity. Got the humidifier going. Inside at 36%.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's just after noon and we're at 66F w/22% RH headed for a high of 68F. Maybe two more days of this before some rain and a cold front move in dropping temps about 20-25F degrees around mid week.

Digger

Reaction score
Another cool day! 14C is our predicted maximum and perhaps a few showers though not much. It rained a fair bit over night too so it’s pretty damp outside today still.

Latest posts