How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's another warm November day. We're at 64F w/22% RH under partly cloudy skies headed for an afternoon high of 70F.

We'll have one more day of this kind of weather before we enter a deep freeze on Wednesday when temps plummet into the 30Fs.

Digger

Reaction score
It was supposed to be a cold day yesterday but it turned out to be bloody awful in fact! In one of the breaks in rain I attempted to do some work outside but I was hit with strong wind driven sleet and had to give up.

Today is expected to be 16C and I’m hoping for a better day all around.

Darkness

Reaction score
Watching my guitar delivery with FedEx. Why is it that when packages are coming from across the country they can move across several states in a day, but when they hit California they take 3 days to arrive. Its as if my guitar decided to stop to check out Hollywood, see the beach, see the views from Griffith, and eventually it will decide to come home.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Watching my guitar delivery with FedEx. Why is it that when packages are coming from across the country they can move across several states in a day, but when they hit California they take 3 days to arrive. Its as if my guitar decided to stop to check out Hollywood, see the beach, see the views from Griffith, and eventually it will decide to come home.

The waiting & anxiety if it arrives in one piece was always a nail biter for me, Hope it turns up soon.

Another dark dank misty 10C day here.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

It's the rest of country getting even for all of that stuff stuck in container ships and sitting on the docks in LA and Long Beach harbors waiting for someone to get that stuff the hell out of there. :D

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's 5:07 AM and a comfortable 52F w/29% RH headed for another warm and sunny high of 70F. Tomorrow however we get blasted with a cold front and a daytime high of just 39F and a overnight low of 28F before it warms up again.

Cwazy, Colowado weather eh?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Ya' know what else is weird. It's just after 6:00 AM and it's still pitch dark outside just as it is at 6:00 PM. I love autumn but I hate this time change thing and fewer hours of daylight than darkness.

Who can I submit my complaint to?

Digger

Reaction score
20C here today and no rain! Earlier predictions had today as being showery but it’s a lovely morning at about 6AM with mist rolling off the dam. Looks very pretty!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Warming again after a very cold day and night. It's 45F with a Sahara like RH of only 9%. The forecast call for a high of 55F later this afternoon.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hopefully it stays nice enough for our mechanic to actually work on Bloo today / tomorrow. Not knowing the status of the timing belt is not exactly comforting. Ours is one of the last models before Subaru went to a "lifetime" timing chain. Note my skepticism about anything "lifetime". Sure it oughta last longer than a belt, but I don't consider 200K (plucking that out of thin air) to be a lifetime for a car if it's kept well.

Digger

Reaction score
Hopefully it stays nice enough for our mechanic to actually work on Bloo today / tomorrow. Not knowing the status of the timing belt is not exactly comforting. Ours is one of the last models before Subaru went to a "lifetime" timing chain. Note my skepticism about anything "lifetime". Sure it oughta last longer than a belt, but I don't consider 200K (plucking that out of thin air) to be a lifetime for a car if it's kept well.

2 years ago we had a new timing chain and followers fitted to our Honda Accord. “Should last the life of the vehicle" we were told! Now it went again and we were told that if we’d kept driving it then it would have needed a new motor. Can you imagine how much a new Honda motor would cost? We were without the car for a month meaning I was without my ute for a month as a certain person was heavily engaged in art society business and needed wheels.

The whole exercise has left us feeling like finding a new mechanic though we believe he tried to do the right thing. Because the parts were 2 years old the supplier baulked at wearing any responsibility. It's left a nasty taste in our mouths and lost confidence in the vehicle to some extent.

Otto99

Reaction score
Note my skepticism about anything "lifetime"
Which is not misplaced. Did you know that for about the last ten years or so, BMWs don’t have a dipstick? Yep, you can’t check your own oil, and I find that lack of servicing ability disturbing.

Latest posts