How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
It's amazing how nature regrows after those devastating Australian bush fires at Flinders chase.

tuOd6jt.jpg
Yes the appearance of regeneration is there but if you look closely the trees are so damaged that it won’t be until new trees replace them that things will return to normal.

Most fires here leave trees able to come back but after 3 years of drought the fire was so hot the damage caused was too great for trees to come back from and be viable long term.

It saddens me looking at it every day.

Digger

Reaction score
It’s been raining on and off for the last few days. Last night about 7.30 we had about 30 minutes of the heaviest rain we can remember here. Water was too much for the drains and started to come up on the verandah. That’s never happened before.

More heavy stuff predicted for today and tomorrow.

The humidity is stifling too. May as well be living in the tropics and not way down south.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Been kinda rainy and drizzly all day. We're at our high for the day of 41F w/47% RH. Yesterday's high was 69F. So nearly a 30F degree drop in temps today.

We'll drop to an overnight low of 30F with the rain possibly turning to snow then we're right back up to 59F tomorrow under sunny skies. Whipsaw weather.

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
I guess this is a "Lancashire Sky” here today? Wall to wall grey and constant drizzle! Theres a very active radar picture heading our way with lots of red in it so we might be in for another drenching.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Been kinda rainy and drizzly all day. We're at our high for the day of 41F w/47% RH. Yesterday's high was 69F. So nearly a 30F degree drop in temps today.

We'll drop to an overnight low of 30F with the rain possibly turning to snow then we're right back up to 59F tomorrow under sunny skies. Whipsaw weather.
I guess this is a "Lancashire Sky” here today? Wall to wall grey and constant drizzle! Theres a very active radar picture heading our way with lots of red in it so we might be in for another drenching.

LOL Oi you two look after that wet Lancashire weather :rofl:We've got the opposite here with wall to wall blue skies & sunshine albeit a hard frost on everything with a high of 5C today. Time to get the heavy sweaters out the wardrobe.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Up very early today after having slept away most of the day yesterday. Now I'm ever farther behind but today is Thanksgiving and a day to spend time with friends and loved ones being thankful for one more day to enjoy all of them.

It's a very frosty 23F right now w/61% RH and we did have very light dusting of snow earlier. But today will be a day of sunny skies with a high around 60F so we have some serious warming up to do once the sun comes up.

And to those who do celebrate the day with an annual feast I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. :cheers:

Digger

Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud! We're just a few days from the start of summer here and it’s colder than winter was!

Just been driven back inside by an icy wind straight off the Antarctic and drizzle, came in and lit the wood fire!

I wanna know who is responsible......?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's just past 3:00 AM here and much warmer than yesterday at this time. We're at 39F w/30% RH and looking for a high of 69F under sunny skies. Gonna be a nice weekend for local homeowners to put up their Christmas lights.

Digger

Reaction score
LOL Oi you two look after that wet Lancashire weather :rofl:We've got the opposite here with wall to wall blue skies & sunshine albeit a hard frost on everything with a high of 5C today. Time to get the heavy sweaters out the wardrobe.

Nah I’m nicking it off and sending it back just in case it decides to stay! Actually the only places we got rained on when we were there were Cumbria (Windemere) and Bath. Liverpool was OK. My recollections of UK from that trip are of a lot of heat!

Raiyn

Reaction score
We have some sub zero weather over the weekend forecast too Peter with warnings for snow/hail.
:laugh2: I love how overly dramatic Celsius make "sub zero" temperatures sound.

Call me when you start hitting -37°C, then we'll swap some stories. :cheers:
R.ba65335afc8233fb88046ac8704dfea6

I grew up in that Briar patch. ;)

On a more somber note, you guys are ok for heating right?

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
:laugh2: I love how overly dramatic Celsius make "sub zero" temperatures sound.

Call me when you start hitting -37°C, then we'll swap some stories. :cheers:
R.ba65335afc8233fb88046ac8704dfea6

I grew up in that Brian patch. ;)

On a more somber note, you guys are ok for heating right?

LOL Yeah it sounds much worse in Celsius, We've been using the heating sparingly as looking at the smart meter wi-fi tablet the cost of gas & electricity is ridiculously expensive now. Gas prices are up 450% since the start of the year :shock: Electricity prices are up 250% since the start of the year. :wow: We're still waiting for our new energy supplier to get our account from our energy provider that went belly up and they say we're looking at triple the monthly payments :ohno: I'm dreading it as it will be virtually unaffordable on our pensions.

Still strong winds from the storm Arwen that hit the UK overnight. Scotland copped the worst of the storm. The wind has been howling down the bedroom chimney all night. A high of 3C with strong winds & hail today, Deep joy.

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Whoa. Looks like you've got one of our good old fashioned "high plains blizzards" goin' on there Ian. That's quite a blow. Bundle up.

Can't believe they can raise energy prices that much and expect anyone to "just adjust" to it. Especially not those on limited or fixed incomes. Is their any solution through governmental intervention or subsidies?

We're seeing some pretty significant cost increases here as far as gas and groceries, etc. but the real cause isn't what the media keeps harping on. It's all the damn COVID profiteering not a new inflation cycle.

It's much cooler here today with a bit more cloud cover. At just past 10:00 AM it's 50F now but we'll only hit a high of 54F all day then warm up back into the 60Fs tomorrow. Still very nice for late November.

Digger

Reaction score
I might stop complaining about our big wet then in the light of whats happening in the UK.

19C maximum here today and on a gradual warming trend for the next few days.

Raiyn

Reaction score

Still strong winds from the storm Arwen that hit the UK overnight. Scotland copped the worst of the storm. The wind has been howling down the bedroom chimney all night. A high of 3C with strong winds & hail today, Deep joy.

That footage looks like it could've been taken during a November storm in Duluth, MN good times.

Latest posts