How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
At 4:00 AM it's a rather "toasty" 48F w/26% RH. This is about 15F degrees above what I'd call a more typical early AM temp for this time of the year. And of course it's dry sand pit. 26% RH at 4:00 AM can mean single digits later in the day.

We should hit a high in the mid '60s under sunny skies but still cooler than yesterdays 73F. Sat. looks much the same but then temps start plummeting and we could be looking at moderate to heavy snowfall by Tues and Wed.

Winter seems poised to arrive next week.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I've no idea what the weather was like yesterday as I pretty much buried myself in my guitar build. When I finally emerged we were under a dense fog advisory, and there were several winter storm alerts for MN popping on the phone.

Today is pretty gray though.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Just before 8:00 AM and it's 43F w/41% RH. Gonna be sunny and warm all day with a high of 70F. Hey Denver Dads. If you ain't got them Christmas lights up yet today is definitely the day to do it. And put on some sun screen. :D

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's a sunny 55F w/17% bone dry RH. Should get about 10F degrees warmer by late afternoon then temps plummet overnight to a low of 25F. Brrrrrr.......

Raiyn

Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-12-05-13-26-26.jpg
We're forecast for 80° by Saturday.
R.1383f109771f2e557170ce0f91f3ab67

Meanwhile:
Screenshot_2021-12-05-13-23-33.jpg
Under a Winter Storm Warning - which is proper December weather activity.
latest

According to SWMBO, we're not heading up this winter - much to my chagrin.

Caught this on YouTube last night and was immediately homesick.

There's a quote in there from the owner of Cedar and Stone about having moved to Pittsburgh and wanting to come back "because the winters weren't cold enough". On hearing that I turned to SWMBO, pointed excitedly at the screen and exclaimed "See! I'm not the only one!"

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
What a difference a day makes. That cold front from the north came sweeping in last evening with a cloud of brown dust (thanks for that Wyoming :mad:) and this morning at 10:30 it's a very chilly 26F w/55 RH. Well at least the wind died down.

So tracking back; Saturday the high was 70F, yesterday it was 65F and this AM it's roughly 40-45F degrees colder. But it is a sunny day so we may push a bit above freezing this afternoon and maybe even hit 40F if we're lucky. Brrrrrrr......

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Just last 7:00 AM and the temp is 37F w/45% RH. We should hit the mid 50Fs today under sunny skies so back to a somewhat warmer day.

The greatest concern here has been the lack of snow so far both here and in the mountains. We do need snow to avoid a summer drought.

Looks like we may get some white stuff on Friday and Saturday but that remains to be seen.

Digger

Reaction score
Totally ridiculous weather here this season. I’m needing to switch the air conditioner from cool to heat every other day!
Not much more than a couple of weeks to Christmas and it’s more like winter, not summer!

Latest posts