How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
A high of 6C & chucking it down here. Still got the wild & wet weather from storm Barra with us albeit not as bad as yesterday. Just back from getting me booster vaccine jab at the local rugby centre & the place was packed out.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Much the same as yesterday it currently 37F w/43% RH. We're gonna see some overcast skies today which will keep the daytime high around 50F.

One more day of this then we get hit with our first major snow on Friday.

Digger

Reaction score
Wow! Just as well I cleaned the drains behind the house yesterday! I’s been pissing down all night and up to 60mm here today! Guess I don’t need to water plants today then~

17C.

Whoops tomorrow is going to deliver up to 90mm so any plans are cancelled.

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
Wow! Just as well I cleaned the drains behind the house yesterday! I’s been pissing down all night and up to 60mm here today! Guess I don’t need to water plants today then~

17C.

Whoops tomorrow is going to deliver up to 90mm so any plans are cancelled.

Didja see some bloke with a pile of lumber and a whole zoo worth of critters mucking about?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Thursday morning at 4:30 AM and it's a brisk 37F w/46% RH. It'll be mostly sunny today so our high should be around 55F. Not bad for December.

Digger

Reaction score
Didja see some bloke with a pile of lumber and a whole zoo worth of critters mucking about?
Mate he’s down my paddock trying to build something but his timber keeps washing away! Ha! I was worried about the damage rabbits are doing....you should see the Elephants!!!

Raiyn

Reaction score
It looks cold & crispy underfoot there Raiyn, Thankfully we've not had much snow since the last dusting.
It's honestly not bad up there. +30°F so just under freezing. There's a bit of a wind that I can see from the live feed so that's less fun.
Screenshot_2021-12-09-14-51-49.jpgScreenshot_2021-12-09-14-55-03.jpg
https://www.duluthharborcam.com/

I typically hit their YouTube channel: Duluth Harbor Cam when I want to check in or I'm feeling a bit homesick. They have a few cams around the area.

I didn't grow up in Duluth, but they're the biggest city in our county.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Our plunge into the Arctic has begun. By 8:00 AM tomorrow we're expecting our first heavy snowfall of the year. Can't say we don't need it though.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It's another dark dank rainy day here with a high of 6C, We had heavy rain overnight which has left lots of standing water around. If I didn't have to pick up our daughter I would have gladly stayed in a warm bed.

Otto99

Reaction score
A front is moving through, pushing warm moist air and later this afternoon thunderstorms. High of 76°/24° today, sweaty concrete on the carport, but dropping to 30°/-1° overnight. Weird weather.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
A front is moving through, pushing warm moist air and later this afternoon thunderstorms. High of 76°/24° today, sweaty concrete on the carport, but dropping to 30°/-1° overnight. Weird weather.

Blimey! those are huge swings in temps in the course of 24 hours Otto :wow: It's another dark dank wet day here again with heavy rain forecast for the entire day, Top temps of 9C.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
As it turns out yesterday's prediction for a "heavy snow" was the result of not understanding what that term actually means to us here in the Rockies. What it means is we're about have major snow storm usually measured in feet not inches.

What it does NOT mean is we're getting 2" of moisture laden snow that on average will weigh more "per flake" and become "heavier" than our usual snow. :facepalm: The weather forecaster is obviously a "flatlander" and not from around these parts. :rolleyes:

Moving on to today where just before 6:00 AM it's fffffffreezing. It's 19F w/48% RH and we're only due to reach a daytime high of 45F under sunny skies. Twas a bit chilly inside the old homestead when I awoke requiring much hot coffee.

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

LOL....what's weird for Memphis is like a normal day out here Greg.

We get 30F degree drops between a daytime high and a nighttime low all year long even during the summer. And like you all it can be 75F and sunny one day and 25-30F and snowing to beat all hell by midnight and the entire next day.

I think it's pretty weird myself but have gotten so used to it by now that all it rates is a shrug. :dunno:

Otto99

Reaction score
Well, this is what I meant by weird weather. My youngest son is on a fishing trip, and spent last night in Jonesboro, AR. A tornado was reported near there, so we texted back and forth with me playing WeatherDad. They were all herded into the hotel ballroom for safekeeping, and the storm passed to the south. That same tornado traveled 200 miles across 4 states, and ended up devastating Mayfield, KY, a town in which I once lived and have many friends. A candle factory collapsed killing at least 12 people, the 4 downtown churches and the courthouse are destroyed, and that’s just what we know now. The photo is of First Christian Church where a fraternity brother is the pastor. EDIT; there is now speculation that this one tornado traveled more like 235 miles on the ground, possibly the longest tornado track in US and even global history.
705E13E1-D966-411C-B8F6-D593A3E76229.jpeg

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Good Grief! I've been following the news of the destruction that tornados caused in KY & Al online and it's heartbreaking to see the loss of life & devastation. Incredible scenes of the worst weather imaginable.

Yet another dark dank wet day here but the temps have got a bit milder with a high of 12C.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
With apologies to Lennon and McCartney

Sunday morning at 5:00 AM as the day begins. Silently closing the bedroom door.
Leaving a note for Amazon he hoped could say more. Then quietly shutting the open front door, stepping inside he is free. Now it's time to brew some coffee.

Yeah, don't give up my day job, I know. But how is that possible when you're mostly retired? :confused: :dunno: Maybe I should try painting instead of music?? :hmm:

It's a chill 32F w/55% RH as we rebound from our cold spell. Looks like we may hit 60F today under clear and sunny skies as our December heat wave continues.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Well, this is what I meant by weird weather. My youngest son is on a fishing trip, and spent last night in Jonesboro, AR. A tornado was reported near there, so we texted back and forth with me playing WeatherDad. They were all herded into the hotel ballroom for safekeeping, and the storm passed to the south. That same tornado traveled 200 miles across 4 states, and ended up devastating Mayfield, KY, a town in which I once lived and have many friends. A candle factory collapsed killing at least 12 people, the 4 downtown churches and the courthouse are destroyed, and that’s just what we know now. The photo is of First Christian Church where a fraternity brother is the pastor. EDIT; there is now speculation that this one tornado traveled more like 235 miles on the ground, possibly the longest tornado track in US and even global history.
View attachment 16272

I've been following along with the news reports and that whole deal is actually incredible. Tornadoes don't typically behave like that and this one was incredibly destructive as well. To see a small town like Mayfield completely torn to shreds is sad and the incredible loss of live across it's path is ever sadder.

Mother nature can turn into one angry old bitch when she wants to.

Latest posts