How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
58°/15° at present with partly cloudy skies. Looking for a high of 81°/27°. It may actually be Fall, but I expect a few more warm days before all is said and done.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Sunny and warming up again with a high of 79F expected but I'm taking a day off to deal with a major cold that has me sneezing, coughing, and croaking like a toad. Can't very well conduct phone conversations in this condition. Time to sleep this away I guess.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Frankly, I wouldn't really know how today went. Other than being up briefly monitoring for FedEx while SWMBO was out getting her eyes checked, I've been asleep all day.

I got the updated Moderna jab yesterday evening, and true to form: it kicked in / I started hitting the wall about 9 hours later. As I've said before, if this is fractionally indicative of how getting the real ish would go for me, I want nothing to do with 'Rona.

Happy to get the jab, but damn I feel crappy.

Digger

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you blokes are feeling crook. Hope you are better soon.

We had a lovely 4 hour visit from our best mates, for lunch and most of the afternoon yesterday. It gave us a chance to discuss their health issues frankly but more than that it was a time filled with lots of laughs and love. I think it did us all a lot of good especially Dave who is looking down the barrel of serous health issues.

Footy Grand Final is on this afternoon but in the meantime we need to head in and get some shopping.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you blokes are feeling crook. Hope you are better soon.

We had a lovely 4 hour visit from our best mates, for lunch and most of the afternoon yesterday. It gave us a chance to discuss their health issues frankly but more than that it was a time filled with lots of laughs and love. I think it did us all a lot of good especially Dave who is looking down the barrel of serous health issues.

Footy Grand Final is on this afternoon but in the meantime we need to head in and get some shopping.
Seems that abrupt change in our weather left my old body and it's systems for maintaining 100% health under prepared. I could feel a bit of it yesterday mixed in with some of my ongoing post COVID brain fog.

This AM it was on me in full. I spend an hour doing all I knew how to do in order to get myself ready for the work day to no avail. Every waking minute had me feeling worse than the last. I finally gave in and after drinking some hot tea with honey and lemon headed back to bed where I remained all day long. Feeling a bit better now but still nowhere near 100%. Gonna take another 12 hours or so I suspect.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Back to normal here as well. The sun is shining on a beautiful cloudless morning and temps will be back in the high 70s again for a bit. Just the kind of medicine my old body and cold needed. :D

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Blimey! Raiyn Hope you miss the brunt of that storm front, Stay safe everyone. Hey it's named after me :shock: I hope my name is associated with lots of destruction. :fingersx:

Nothing so frightening here, It's a cool sunny Autumnal day with a high of 13C/55F

Raiyn

Reaction score
Blimey! Raiyn Hope you miss the brunt of that storm front, Stay safe everyone. Hey it's named after me :shock: I hope my name is associated with lots of destruction. :fingersx:

Nothing so frightening here, It's a cool sunny Autumnal day with a high of 13C/55F
Trust me, you DON'T want that dubious honor. Best case scenario based on current info is that it hits in the less densely populated "Big Bend" after hitting a bunch of shear to weaken it.
This is the 11 A.M. advisory
track_storm1 (1).jpg
spaghetti_storm1.jpg
I do NOT like how the Euro model (pink) is trying to bring a Cat 4 storm into my lap.

Hopefully the 2 PM advisory pushes things West some more.

Otto99

Reaction score
Trust me, you DON'T want that dubious honor. Best case scenario based on current info is that it hits in the less densely populated "Big Bend" after hitting a bunch of shear to weaken it.
View attachment 18815
View attachment 18816
I do NOT like how the Euro model (pink) is trying to bring a Cat 4 storm into my lap.

Hunker down!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
View attachment 18815
View attachment 18816

Grey skies & sodden out there from overnight rain, Top temp today 13C.

Oops! That should have read ISN'T associated with lots of destruction :facepalm:

LOL You'll get a Euro Cat 7 & like it :rofl: There's been lots of voting in the EU parliament last week on reducing emissions even more, HGV's are getting the stick this time, EU lawmakers voted to increase the EU’s transport emissions reduction target for 2030 from 13% to 16%. The baseline is 2015. This means that the last heavy goods vehicles with ICE engines will need to be sold by 2035 if polluting vehicles are to be off the road by 2050 – in line with the bloc’s net-zero emissions commitment.
:shock:

Latest posts