How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Most of the day was sunny and warm hitting a high of 82F. We got some light rain later in the afternoon which cooled things off but at 10:52 PM it's still 65F outside.

Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend and folllowing week will be much cooler though with highs in the low 70s. Fallish weather with some rain.

Otto99

Reaction score
We haven't been over to look yet, but we know the power is out. There were gusts of 75+ mph in the area, but we did what we could - so things should be pretty OK.

Lessons learned:
  1. Permanently mounted, deployable impact shutters are in our future, be they Bahama, accordion, or roll down - because storing plywood in rafters, getting it down, hoisting it to the window, screwing it in etc. SUCKS.
  2. A mounted standby generator is in discussion because we lose power every time we get so much as skimmed by a storm.
  3. Next roof will bring hurricane straps / clips

Unfortunately, I don't think SWMBO has learned the lesson I learned 18 years ago during Charlie, if you don't like Hurricanes - don't live where they go. Tampa Bay (the region named for the body of water) has indeed been fortunate for the last century, but Mama Nature plays for keeps.

I haven't turned on the news yet, frankly I'm worried about what I'll see out of Fort Myers.
Sanibel and Captiva, too. The causeway was washed out, and there’s speculation a fair bit of the islands may be gone.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Sanibel and Captiva, too. The causeway was washed out, and there’s speculation a fair bit of the islands may be gone.
Yeah, their ain't no global warming. It's all imaginary the US oligarchs claim as hurricane after hurricane destroy coastal properties. The problem is it's never THEIR properties being destroyed and they will always be first in line to profiteer from any disaster.

I should buy up some land around here. In another decade I my be able to sell it as beach front property.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Sunny but a quite cool 69F today with some chance of rain later on. I was planning on washing and waxing my car today but may have to settle for just doing the interior and wait 'til tomorrow for the exterior.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Peter, when it comes to you and Ian I don't know whether to cheer the rain or scorn it. This much I do know though. It's too bad it won't burn to create energy for heat and light.

Today will be much like yesterday with a high of 72F but with less chance of rain. I may finally get the work on my car I want to get done. I also have plans to cook up a huge pot of chili some time during the day.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Raiyn, what is going on? Have you been home?
Yes, we came home Friday night. Minimal damage, nothing worth bringing up really. We'll have lots of fun patching all the screw holes from the plywood and touching up the paint, but I'll take that over what they got south of the Skyway Bridge and beyond.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Yes, we came home Friday night. Minimal damage, nothing worth bringing up really. We'll have lots of fun patching all the screw holes from the plywood and touching up the paint, but I'll take that over what they got south of the Skyway Bridge and beyond.
So glad for you and SWMBO and the cats. :)

Pat

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It was supposed to be laundry day today but the weather is grey & light rain with a high of 16C, It will have to wait another day when it's dry because I ain't putting that tumble drier on at these electricity prices :shock:
:D

Latest posts