How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Minus 1C here just after 7AM. Maximum of 14C expected.
Looks white as far as I can see!

Height of Summer here & it's chucking it down, we even match your max temp of 14C today, Bloody hopeless weather for July & to top it off we have weather warnings out for even heavier rain later today in my neck o the woods. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Gonna have one more day of mid 80°s comfort before the next heat wave hits tomorrow. Looks like the heat dome will be upon us with temps building to well over 100° by weeks end. Gonna need A/C again.

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score
As you may have seen on TV, Texas is currently enjoying a small hurricane.

We're in Cypress, in the Towne Lake subdivision, on the northwest edge of greater Houston.

So far:

Our electricity is off, but we still have gas.

Our internet is down, because the electricity is off for us and 1.3million other customers across Houston. Cellphones and 5G cellphone network are still working though, which is how I'm able to post this.

A piece of the back fence, that blew down in a mere thunderstorm a few weeks ago, has blown down again.

I haven't been outside, but I expect the streets are flooding - its p-p-p-persisting down.

So far the roof is still on and no trees are down that I can see.

The peak winds, 65 mph sustained with higher gusts likely, are due between 10 am and noon.

If the power stays out we can head over to the wife's parent's house nearby. They have a generator.

syco

Reaction score
Got a little over 2" rain in last 24 hours ...... Now the heat has returned and making it "muggy " outdoors .

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
As you may have seen on TV, Texas is currently enjoying a small hurricane.

We're in Cypress, in the Towne Lake subdivision, on the northwest edge of greater Houston.

So far:

Our electricity is off, but we still have gas.

Our internet is down, because the electricity is off for us and 1.3million other customers across Houston. Cellphones and 5G cellphone network are still working though, which is how I'm able to post this.

A piece of the back fence, that blew down in a mere thunderstorm a few weeks ago, has blown down again.

I haven't been outside, but I expect the streets are flooding - its p-p-p-persisting down.

So far the roof is still on and no trees are down that I can see.

The peak winds, 65 mph sustained with higher gusts likely, are due between 10 am and noon.

If the power stays out we can head over to the wife's parent's house nearby. They have a generator.
Geez and the news says it was only a Category One storm when it made landfall down there. All I can say is you all are brave souls to even want to keep living in the path of hurricanes. How do people afford their homeowners insurance? And in FL some insurance companies are refusing to even offer coverage.

Latest posts