How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's now what in the hell is he doing up so early 3:30 AM and the temp is already 66° w/46% RH. Today's high is forecast to be 105° under sunny skies. The heat dome has arrived.

I was just outside on my balcony and it is so quiet and the air so still you can almost hear the grass growing. There not a single leaf moving on a tree either. It's what sailors would call dead calm.

Digger

Reaction score
i’m not looking forward to the next few days!

Apparently there is a massive polar low moving to engulf us bringing frigid temperatures! It looks like hanging around for possibly a week.

I know it’s winter here but fair suck of the sav, I think we've been confused with Lancashire!

Forget Global Warming (here), it’s the next ice age for sure!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
WoW! Those temps across the pond are brutal, I could use a bit of your sunshine as the "Summer" here is bloody hopeless again, It's going to be over before it's even started in my neck o the woods :frown:
Look at this crap again, Grey skies & more rain, albeit light rain today with a high of a paltry 15C/59F.
I need to mow the lawns today, so I'd better do them before the rain arrives at lunchtime.

zvrB3ZFl.png

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
WoW! Those temps across the pond are brutal, I could use a bit of your sunshine as the "Summer" here is bloody hopeless again, It's going to be over before it's even started in my neck o the woods :frown:
Look at this crap again, Grey skies & more rain, albeit light rain today with a high of a paltry 15C/59F.
I need to mow the lawns today, so I'd better do them before the rain arrives at lunchtime.

zvrB3ZFl.png
Be careful what you wish for Ian. While you might enjoy some sunshine you wouldn't enjoy this kind of heat. Even the air you breathe seems hot. Luckily for us our humidity is low or the heat would be unbearable.

It's 4:15 AM and it's already 67°. We're headed for another scorcher with a high of 104°. I don't know how those farther west like Rusty who aren't at this altitude are dealing with even higher temps.

Death Valley had an all time record high of 131° and Las Vegas has had four or five straight days of 115°. Looking for some rain here that would cool us off. Send some of your over here Ian.....LOL.

Digger

Reaction score
Expecting a maximum of just 11C here today so as soon as it’s light I need to clean the ash out of the heater and get a fire going! The wood species I’ve been burning are leaving far more ash than usual so my once a year clean ain’t cutting it!

This the start of a polar blast that is over Tassie but will brush the bottom of Australia where I am.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Yup. Breathing hot air sucks.

It's 6:20 PM and we're finally on the downside at 97°. Can't wait for nightfall and temps back on the 70°s.
Great theory but short on practice. It's just past 11:00 PM and it's still 84° out there. We're not cooling very quickly at all tonight.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for Ian. While you might enjoy some sunshine you wouldn't enjoy this kind of heat. Even the air you breathe seems hot. Luckily for us our humidity is low or the heat would be unbearable.

It's 4:15 AM and it's already 67°. We're headed for another scorcher with a high of 104°. I don't know how those farther west like Rusty who aren't at this altitude are dealing with even higher temps.

Death Valley had an all time record high of 131° and Las Vegas has had four or five straight days of 115°. Looking for some rain here that would cool us off. Send some of your over here Ian.....LOL.

You're right Paul, Anything over 20C/70F I'm usually struggling, I'm not acclimatised to that kinda heat after living here all my life.
:thumb:
We're still with the grey skies & it's drizzling this morning, Top temp of 17C today.

Digger

Reaction score
It poured all night and it was freezing outside yesterday. Still loads of grumpy looking clouds around as the sun emerges (somewhere). Speaking of paddling, I might be doing a bit of that myself today as there’s water lying everywhere.

I noticed the sensor light on the shed was on last night so chucked on a hat to go up in the rain and turn it off. If I hadn't there's a young wombat digging holes in the bank in front of the shed and behind the house which will have it going on and off all night, and waking me up. The first season they leave “home” they go out digging trial burrows, finding where the soil is softest. Darn nuicance doing it so close to the buildings as they can destabilise the structures. I’ll have to discourage him!

Latest posts