How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Another 100° day with low RH at 18%. Doesn't look like we'll get any rain tonight either and we sure could use some. We won't get a break from this 'til Monday either. Gonna be a scorching hot weekend.

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It's a damp overcast morning & a tad cooler today with a high of 19C/66F. I'll take that after the last few sweaty days. looks like a sunny evening is on the cards.

hBY78BNl.png

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Just a bit after 6:00 am and we're at 60° w/64% RH. By mid afternoon we'll hit 100° again and the RH will be 1/3 of that. Hoping to get some rain this coming week to cool things down.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
We got a very small amount of rain last night. Barely enough to wet the sidewalk. Today's high is forecast at 96° with roughly a 50/50 chance of rain. It'll be Thursday or Friday before we see this hot streak break.

Equalphone

Reaction score
Tropical storm (short term hurricane) Debby seems to have mostly passed though here. A cool 80F/27C now with a 20mph gusty breeze. Half sunny out, increasing sunshine, and very pleasant. I expect there will be some followup clouds and rain before it's done.

Lots of damage on the coast but not too bad inland. Expected heavy flooding along the path as it heads northeast.

Oh, and it caused a snowstorm: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-debby-cocaine-1-million-onto-florida-beach-us-border-patrol/

Capt. Crunch

Reaction score
Welcome Cap’n'

Good to see you here!
Thanks, glad to be here! I don't know why it took me so long to join?
I've been posting on Gear, SG, Tele, & Marshall for awhile & it wasn't till I got my new Epi Inspired 355 that it hit me. You should see what Epiphone lovers have to say!

Darkness

Reaction score
A bit uncomfortably warm and sticky tonight, for me. The mosquitos are enjoying it and getting their fill from me.

Speaking of bugs, I got the rear end business done for now on this. That includes adventures such as replacing a leaking seal on the transaxle, removing and cleaning/greasing the CV joints, new CV boots, new rear brake drums, new slave cylinders, new shoes, new brake springs, new parking brake cables and handle, even new little brake inspection plugs, new axle nuts (had to repair threads on driver side) and new shocks, and new tires. Also note, new stinger where a large pair of dual mufflers were. This is temporary until I can fab up an exhaust pipe and new muffler.

I recently rebuilt the carbs and replaced all soft fuel lines. New spark plugs, I have new air filters and a better carb linkage to install soon. Next month I will start on the front end business, there is a lot to be done there.
Screenshot_20240805_210141_Gallery.jpg

If there's any interest, I can open a thread to explain this obsession :cool:

BGood

Reaction score
Ah ! You're one of them :) I never had the skills, tool and/or money to do there, but I was good at painting. My 74 Super. It made it into Hot VWs magazine. It unfortunately rusted through after 5 winters of Canadian road salt.

Beetle.jpg

Latest posts