How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
My 74 Super. It made it into Hot VWs magazine.
Beautiful! I miss seeing the wild and creative paint jobs. I read a copy of Hot VWs when I was in first grade and loved Beetles ever since. Hopefully one day this one can grace the pages.

BGood

Reaction score
Beautiful! I miss seeing the wild and creative paint jobs. I read a copy of Hot VWs when I was in first grade and loved Beetles ever since. Hopefully one day this one can grace the pages.
First grade ... hahaha, OK. So, your Beetle is like 10 years older than you ? If I was to try to get a car 10 years older than I, I'd have to mortgage my house.

Darkness

Reaction score
First grade ... hahaha, OK. So, your Beetle is like 10 years older than you ? If I was to try to get a car 10 years older than I, I'd have to mortgage my house.
This one is a '70, I was born in '82. In my garage I have a real mysterious one. Body says December '53 and pan says '55. I've had it a long time in storage and plan to get started on it next Winter.

People say cars are bad investments, but I bought these for $1500-$2000 respectively. They're worth 10x that now, but I have no interest in selling.

Screenshot_20240806_060505_Photos.jpg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Looks like this is the last of our 90° plus days for awhile. High of 97° forecast then tonight we get a major shift in the weather pattern and we drop into the mid to low 70°s for a few days with some rain at long last.

Equalphone

Reaction score
Low's 90's F here all week but with humidity at the same levels (90% much of the day), "real feel" is around 105 F.

I spent a few hours working outside, under a carport, but still... by the time I was done, my shirt was so sweat-soaked it looked like I had stepped into a shower with my clothes on... and it's not because I'm overweight. It's oppressive out there.

I need to move back to Arizona where it's 110F but there's no measurable humidity. At least working in the shade there is pleasant.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
11:30 PM and it's 64° which my weather person says will also be our high for the day tomorrow. So we go from a week of highs in the mid to high 90°s to a high of 64° in just one day? At least there's some rain in the forecast. Gotta love this crazy weather. 🤪

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It's a grey wet day with light rain forecast for the whole day, Top temp of 19C/66F. Proper Lancashire Summer weather :rofl:

TdMw28kl.png

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Well so far today is even stranger than expected. After a high of around 97° on Monday and Tuesday right now we're perched at 57° with 96% RH. Seems we've borrowed some of Ian's Lancashire weather.

Seriously, it's like a damp, wet, autumn day. More like November than early August. The forecast says we'll have two days of this nonsense and the we're back in the 80°s again over the weekend and all of next week. Won't need at A/C for at least a week or so it seems.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Reporting another proper Lancastrian day here. 56° and 96% RH with full overcast and rain off and on. We don't get weather like this very often so actually it's providing a nice break from the brutal heat we had a week ago. The high today will still be in the 60°s but tomorrow we begin another warming trend.

Latest posts