I asked a relic question…

• Thread starter Steven Westberg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Natural wear is good. I’m getting finger marks on my neck in all the regular places. It’s very light but it looks cool I gues. Because it’s fingers not the dremmel tool.
My G400 is of the "faded" or "worn" (I forget which years were which, but I don't really care) variety. Its poly finish is rather thin which accelerates natural wear, but also gives it a different feel than those of the regular line.
I bought it used, but in essentially pristine condition, so any wear is going to be from me, a few months ago I noticed a bit of bare wood on the corner of the upper bevel were my arm rests while playing, I just smiled.

My other guitars will likely stay pretty for far longer with their bowling ball finishes, but that's cool too. Killer Frost has her own stories to tell, as soon will GIR.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Natural wear is good. I’m getting finger marks on my neck in all the regular places. It’s very light but it looks cool I gues. Because it’s fingers not the dremmel tool.

I got my first (and still main) guitar new in '79. It now needs a refret (no big - except for my budget), has 6 goodly-sized divots in the fretboard for the first 5 frets , and 3 under the high side of the 6 & 7 (I don't mind them because they are well over 99% done by my ham-handed playing), and it has a big-ass dent in the top; lower treble bout. When we were first married, it lived in a stand beside my desk in our bedroom; one day She pissed me off so much I kicked the desk chair - right into the guitar. Sort of wish it wasn't there, but it does serve as constant reminder not to be such a dick.....

vomer

Reaction score
I've never seen a good relic in person, nor can I afford to buy one, so I don't know that it would "work," but if it did, I'd have a real decision on my hands.
I'm doing some work on a friend's MJT strat at the moment and it's a real gem. A new and shiny guitar can be made to play well, but I do like these MJT's. My pal has had a few, and they've all been very nice.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
I got my first (and still main) guitar new in '79. It now needs a refret (no big - except for my budget), has 6 goodly-sized divots in the fretboard for the first 5 frets , and 3 under the high side of the 6 & 7 (I don't mind them because they are well over 99% done by my ham-handed playing), and it has a big-ass dent in the top; lower treble bout. When we were first married, it lived in a stand beside my desk in our bedroom; one day She pissed me off so much I kicked the desk chair - right into the guitar. Sort of wish it wasn't there, but it does serve as constant reminder not to be such a dick.....

Sounds like an authentic hand worn relic to me!

Latest posts