Inexpensive Pedals, Multi Effects Units, Pickups and other gear that surprised you.

• Thread starter AJ6stringsting
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BGood

Reaction score
I have a Bugera T5 Infinium head I got on sale for $150. I wasn't expecting much from it but it actually surprised me. It's a 5w single ended EL84 amp with one 12AX7 in the preamp. It makes a pretty good little recording amp. It's a bit of a low gain amp but it responds well to pedals. I made this OD pedal shoot out with it.

Great demo. I really like those Danelectro Billionaire pedals.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Wo
The M-Vave Mini Universe pedal (often available from Amazon around $59) is imho an interesting pedal for anyone who would like to try ambient effects.

Wow !!!! ....very Strymon sounding.
The " Pink Out " Tea Sipping Gear Snobs will be pulling their hair out , over this video demo !!!!

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Wo

Wow !!!! ....very Strymon sounding.
The " Pink Out " Tea Sipping Gear Snobs will be pulling their hair out , over this video demo !!!!

That, I don't know, I've never tried a Strymon and I suspect they probably include pre-delay and stereo settings while the mini Universe can only do mono and there is no pre-delay or "trail effect" once you turn it down (so, don't turn it off too early).

However, if you focus on the way it sounds, it is lovely for sure ! It is imho even better in real life than in demos.

If you can live with the noisy switch, it is a good choice (possibly the best?) to go ambient on a budget.

Last edited:

Latest posts