Inspired By Gibson-Masterbilt

• Thread starter rodeo747
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I don't know how to load pictures yet...I am new to this. I will figure it out soon I hope. I have ibg hummingbird and Ibg j45. Non ibg hummingbird pro and L-00 studio.

I'd love to hear you're thoughts on the differences between the IBG Hummingbird and the Hummingbird PRO. I have an older Epi MIK Hummingbird "NON-PRO" (no electronics) but I've wanted the IBG all-solid wood one ever since they came out. I really like the natural finish one.

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to load pictures yet...I am new to this. I will figure it out soon I hope. I have ibg hummingbird and Ibg j45. Non ibg hummingbird pro and L-00 studio.
If you have any pics stored on your desk top (desk top files) you can use the Attach Files option to do it. Or in most cases you can copy them from an original source provided they're sized to fit our limits.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

I have to admit that I've had a desire to try a J45 soon just to see how much I like it compared to my Takamine. For amplification it's tough for anyone else to match a Takamine's pickups and electronics but acoustically mine is not the best I've ever owned. I'd really love a round shouldered "Dread" like a J45 just for that reason alone.

rodeo747

Reaction score
My non IBG HB plays very well...the IBG HB has more bass response and plays slightly better with a bit lower action too...I am pleased with both...I got the HB pro to take outside and for gigs at the hospital where I play for the patients...all of my Epiphones are blemished and without detectable flaws...none can be found...I saved $200.00 on each of the IBG'S and $150.00 on each of the non IBG's...acoustic guitar magazine has a nice review on the IBG HB...you could probably find it online...

rodeo747

Reaction score
Well I took pics but the file was too large to upload it...still gonna try again...

Charles Carter

Reaction score
I'd love to hear you're thoughts on the differences between the IBG Hummingbird and the Hummingbird PRO. I have an older Epi MIK Hummingbird "NON-PRO" (no electronics) but I've wanted the IBG all-solid wood one ever since they came out. I really like the natural finish one.
That's super, Super!
I didn't realise they produced a natural finish Hummingbird.
That's the one for me!

Latest posts