Kyser low tension capo

• Thread starter rodeo747
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rodeo747

Reaction score
I bought these and they work great on my IBG Hummingbird...anyone else using them...

rodeo747

Reaction score
Yea...there are alot of great capos out there...I also like the daddarios with screw down adjustment...kyser thinks alot of theirs but they do have some warranty on them...glad to here from you..

Supersonic

Reaction score
I use a capo a lot when I'm playing. I used Keysers for years but I got a Shubb Capo Noir a while back and it's my favorite now. The contour and the fact that it's tension is adjustable are great. It's perfect for electric or acoustic and you can tweak it for whatever fret or neck shape you put it on instead of just having one option to clamp it.

I've heard some people complain about how they drop them when they release the mechanism but I've never had that problem. They also take up less space and don't have the goofy trigger thing sticking out at the top.

No you can't clamp it it on the headstock when you're not using it but I never liked doing that. It's so compact that you can just put it in your pocket when you're not using it and not even notice that it's there.

I'm not saying Keysers are bad or anything, I just personally prefer the Shubb.

B8wRJaX.jpeg

Last edited:

rodeo747

Reaction score
I use a capo a lot when I'm playing. I used Keysers for years but I got a Shubb Capo Noir a while back and it's my favorite now. The contour and the fact that it's tension is adjustable are great. It's perfect for electric or acoustic and you can tweak it for whatever fret or neck shape you put it on instead of just having one option to clamp it.

I've heard some people complain about how they drop them when they release the mechanism but I've never had that problem. They also take up less space and don't have the goofy trigger thing sticking out at the top.

No you can't clamp it it on the headstock when you're not using it but I never liked doing that. It's so compact that you can just put it in your pocket when you're not using it and not even notice that it's there.

I'm not saying Keysers are bad or anything, I just personally prefer the Shubb.

B8wRJaX.jpeg
Yea good info...my next capo will probably be shubb...thanks

Latest posts