Lawsuit Lovely

• Thread starter MaineTim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaineTim

Reaction score
Well, not so lovely, but she's a survivor. I was asked about this in another thread, so thought I'd post here and ask to see your lawsuit era favorite.

full

full

full

This was a yard sale find that had been stored in the guy's garage for years. It was missing the bridge, a tuning machine, and a screw from the truss rod cover. The electronics are all original and fully functional. Made in Japan in 1973-74 (so I call it a '74). With a slightly moldy hard case for $20. I stuck a tuning machine that I had handy on it just to get it up and playing, and kind of hesitate to swap the other original ones out for new set. Might ruin the junk-yard mojo. She sounds, well, not much like my real LPs, but is more bright and fairly articulate, more towards a humbucker equipped Strat.

Any other lawsuit-era junkyard dogs out there that someone wants to share?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I had one from that time, too
sadly I've got no pics from it, yeah it was the pre-internet time :rofl:

All I remember is, it was a very heavy bolt-on Ibanez LP
winered finish...

eS.G.

Reaction score
I have one pic of my Lotus L.S. era Silver Burst DAMN I miss that thing

I do NOT miss the sweater.......it itched something bad as I recall.....I miss hair.......
d51fdc48-4d68-43dc-8b83-a599501d2217_zps01c8bcff.jpg

This also makes me question WHY the FOOK does Gibson and Epi not make the silverburst match the regular "burst" pattern like this Lotus?
I LIKE the lotus burst BETTER than the burst on my LP Custom
epidark2_zpsde120a3b.jpg

LOVE SOME LAWSUIT ERA GUITARS!

Congrats on yours Sir!

MaineTim

Reaction score
I had one from that time, too
sadly I've got no pics from it, yeah it was the pre-internet time :rofl:

All I remember is, it was a very heavy bolt-on Ibanez LP
winered finish...

Antorias were Fujigen guitars, so your Ibanez was at least a kissing cousin of this one!

In 1974, I was in the last year of grade school, playing drums primarily, but some guitar, mostly on a Kay with 3 pickups and a bunch of slide switches for selection. Sometimes, though, I got to sneak some time on my big brother's wine red SG (still thought of with great reverence).

I miss hair.......

I like to think of how much shower time I save not having to shampoo...

eS.G.

Reaction score
Perhaps my hair line is not receding....my BRAINS are getting bigger causing the forehead to INCREASE in size???

eS.G.

Reaction score
As I recall it is a Peavey Backstage Series perhaps a 20 watt?
$_35.JPG

Wouldn't mind having that whole rig back again......minus the sweater of course.

Latest posts