NGD, need help to id this model (Sheraton)

• Thread starter ommonsen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sheraton
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ommonsen

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I bought my first epiphone guitar yesterday. This was a guitar that needed saving. After a few hours of washing and polishing, this beauty emerged. Unfortunately, I can't find anything that can identify it. No serial, no stickers. Can any of you help me? I've researched on the epiphonewiki (via archive.org) but that just made me more confused.

heed.jpg

back.jpg
njoint.jpg
bdy.jpg
fhole.jpg

wildeman

Reaction score
The serial could've been a sticker on the back of the headstock that fell off. The label inside looks blacked out. Looks like a great old Sherry, enjoy it.

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Nice guitar.

It seems odd someone would black out the label inside the guitar.

barryflan

Reaction score

ommonsen

Reaction score
Many thanks to all of you for your contribution to the identification of this beauty. Now I'm going to freshen her up a bit with new screws where it's missing and maybe new electronics. It crackles a little from volume and tone. Again, thank you all.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
As near as I can tell from the pix, it varies from my Samick-made '92 only in that the Epi logo on my pickguard is printed (not as cool as the stuck-on ones, but it won't fall off). So, I'm thinking '90 or '91. But can tell for sure that it's a keeper!

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
I had a ‘98 Sheraton that had a Gibson TRC. I have blacked out a sticker on a wine colored Sheraton before. I just put another sticker over the ugly orange sticker that just looked like a bad mishmash to me.

Pat

Latest posts