NGD: The Queen of Diamonds

• Thread starter Space1999
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Happy Monday ET fam. I have been searching Reverb for anything remotely interesting as far as an Epiphone goes. I wanted a new guitar for my 55th birthday today. :)

I had given up and was mindlessly checking through the new arrivals when I spotted a familiar guitar but in a deluxe custom package. I was floored!

It had been on Reverb for two hours when I bought her. Hardly played and with case $800. Exactly the limit I had set myself. Thanks God!!

So here is my yet to arrive …

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy Plus EX/GX

IMG_1567.jpeg

Gibson 498T and 490R pickups, pearl inlays (as opposed to the lightning bolts)
deluxe binding and a very old school custom logo instead of the metal :dude: logo that is standard on this model. Grover tuners.

If anyone else knows any more about this particular model please let me know. I am excited and I will keep you posted. :)

Pat

Last edited:

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Nice!! I have the older brother/ancestor of that one - back when they had only 2 knobs and with dirty fingers, lightning bolts etc... I do like how they went away from that and went with the nicer inlays. IMHO yours is the better version with QOL upgrades. But who would've known at the time :D The neck is a thin asymmetrical profile (satin finished).

20210714_090141.jpg

Reaction score
Happy Monday ET fam. I have been searching Reverb for anything remotely interesting as far as an Epiphone goes. I wanted a new guitar for my 55th birthday today. :)

I had given up and was mindlessly checking through the new arrivals when I spotted a familiar guitar but in a deluxe custom package. I was floored!

It had been on Reverb for two hours when I bought her. Hardly played and with case $800. Exactly the limit I had set myself. Thanks God!!

View attachment 18601

Gibson 498T and 490B pickups, pearl inlays (as opposed to the lightning bolts) deluxe binding and a very old school (Epi?Gibby?) logo instead of the metal :dude: logo that is standard on this model. Grover tuners.

If anyone else knows any more about this particular model please let me know. I am excited and I will keep you posted. :)

Pat
Say! That's mi-tee purdy! Congrats on your score.

Space1999

Reaction score
Nice!! I have the older brother/ancestor of that one - back when they had only 2 knobs and with dirty fingers, lightning bolts etc... I do like how they went away from that and went with the nicer inlays. IMHO yours is the better version with QOL upgrades. But who would've known at the time :D The neck is a thin asymmetrical profile (satin finished).

View attachment 18602
I really like yours. When I saw they offered a version with Dirty Fingers I almost bought one.

My only thing with the lightning inlays is I was afraid I would get lost on the neck since literally all of my guitars have block inlays.

What year is yours?

Pat

Space1999

Reaction score
OK so after some digging I now know that this is a GX because it has the Gibson USA 498T/499R combo and this was offered in two paint jobs. The black cherry and a burnt orange burst quilted tops.

The Ex came with the EMG’s 51/58 combo and was offered in two other colors a blue and dark red non-quilted top.

The headstock inlay is called a “stickpin” inlay. They all have heavy duty hardware and no-swivel jacks. All had the jeweled knobs.

The few I found like this one were circa 2019. And all but one were dead pages. The one was from out of country with $200 shipping but did look nice.

Pat

grinwer

Reaction score

View attachment 18601

deluxe binding and a very old school custom logo instead of the metal :dude: logo that is standard on this model. Grover tuners.

Pat
Congrats.
And Happy Birthday. )

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I really like yours. When I saw they offered a version with Dirty Fingers I almost bought one.

My only thing with the lightning inlays is I was afraid I would get lost on the neck since literally all of my guitars have block inlays.

What year is yours?

Pat

Oh Happy belated Birthday btw!!!

Mine is 2008. When's yours arriving?

My take on the Prophecies is that they have always been a bit more expensive than normal Epiphones and so anyone who bought one probably really wanted one - so they're not as common on the 2nd hand market. Brand new ones always pushed into that area of an entry price (or even 2nd hand) Gibson.

pontaeri

Reaction score
oh happy bday and I foresee you'll be great jedi knight great player . (saw the one with liam neeson over the weekend)

ping ping

Reaction score

View attachment 18601

Pat
that is a very handsome guitar, congratulation on your purchase.

Space1999

Reaction score
The guitar came in today. It was like someone had played it once and put it under their bed. Not a scratch on her and the case looked new for 2019.

Everything worked. It still has the factory strings on it and it’s been in a dry environment I could tell.

Nothing a little TLC won’t solve. I’ll post pictures after I get her set up tomorrow hopefully.

Also came in at a back friendly 8.4 pounds.

Pat

Latest posts