NGD(yesterday) Es-335 pro

Aaron Robinson

Reaction score
I traded a strat I had for a cool coil tapping machine yesterday. It feels real nice and plays like a dream. I was surprised at the quality. It feels like a higher end instrument. You'd never know it was the price it was new and made in China. Wow. The neck profile, the weight, the fret work, everything is perfect. Definitely an Epiphone fan now.

I do have a question though. Would a pickguard from an epi dot fit this model? This one has a couple chips in it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    671.9 KB · Views: 95

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
image-jpeg.2296

Congrats :thumb:

and

Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

sliberty

Reaction score
I am not too sure about the Dot pickguard fitting - seems unlikely, but you never know.

I bought a custom pickguard for mine from a guy on eBay. I wanted one that looked more like a Gibson pickguard. In other words, I wanted one that didn't use a Les Paul style L bracket. Gibson ES-335's use a special bracket that doesn't involve a screw hole through the guard. Also, the Gibson has different "layers" of white". Anyway, the same guy also sells guards that do use the L bracket. Here is one of his ads:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-5-ply...945847?hash=item33b3448b37:g:MFsAAOxyaTxTQadQ

if you want one like the type I bought, email him.

eS.G.

Reaction score
WELCOME and congrats!!!!

sliberty

Reaction score
Here is what mine looks like with the custom pickguard and Gibson style bracket. Note, I also replaced the pickup ring screws with black screws. I felt that there was too much chrome there.

335ProAfter.jpg

Aaron Robinson

Reaction score
Here is what mine looks like with the custom pickguard and Gibson style bracket. Note, I also replaced the pickup ring screws with black screws. I felt that there was too much chrome there.

335ProAfter.jpg
That looks sweet! Yeah I'm definitely vibing a white guard for mine like yours. I'll probably ask that guy if he can hook me up.

Doug.Jarrold

Reaction score
Congratulations Aaron on your NGD, it's so exsitting getting a new guitar isn't it :dude::applause:

Eyeball

Reaction score
Congrats!Happy NGD!Very nice!
My new Sheraton is getting its new pups today.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Welcome to EpiTalk AR, I don't know what kind of strat you traded, but it looks like you got the better end of the deal.
Congrats on the ES!!

old mark

Reaction score
If anyone has any interest in a 335 type guitar, you would not go wrong with the Epiphone ES 335 PRO...bought mine new for Christmas...

I don't think you can beat these for 4 times the money, maybe not at all.

Latest posts