No Epis In Oz

• Thread starter Stuart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart

Reaction score
Malcolm’s deputy (the leader of The Nationals - the coalition partner of The Liberals) has imploded in his absence..

Let the rage begin!!!

Stuart

Reaction score
Back on topic...

Local word on the street is that Jands may be taking the distributorship on...

From my experience with Jands who, amongst other products, are the JBL distributor in Oz, I think this would be a very positive move!

Cam

Reaction score
Back on topic...

From my experience with Jands who, amongst other products, are the JBL distributor in Oz, I think this would be a very positive move!
Any idea how long that changeover would potentially take?

Stuart

Reaction score
Any idea how long that changeover would potentially take?
No, it just appears to be the common belief amongst the couple of retailers that I have asked.

James

Reaction score
OMG... Now I’m really panicking... What IS the current situation???
I'm not panicked. Someone will buy Gibson. Maybe Fender will buy them and make it one big happy family.

Stuart

Reaction score
I'm not panicked. Someone will buy Gibson. Maybe Fender will buy them and make it one big happy family.
... & then everyone will be playing ‘Vultures’ :rofl:

53E6127F-367B-4245-A7AE-1B57D5F76CAF.jpeg

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Last I checked, Fender was much closer to solvency than either Gibby or Gooch Center.

At least credit rating wise.
How many $$$$$$$ is guitar-center owing Fender ?
With close to no chance getting it ?

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Fender might not be willing to take over Gibson's debt and its array of companies. But maybe they could buy Epiphone and a license to label LP, SG, and other Gibson clones. They could really corner the affordable guitar market.

CaptRedbeard

Reaction score
Seems to me that if Gibson is hurting that much, then they would try to sell off brands in order to pay down their debt. The biggest prize might be Epiphone. They are very close to being independent, have a growing following and have made serious improvements over the last couple of decades. I really like my Sheraton II Pro I got last year so myself, and all of us devotees, would like them to stay around. Gibson will remain, even if it is on a smaller scale. Personally I think they have priced themselves out of the "average man's" market faced with stiff competition from an ever growing pile of competitors .

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
Seems to me that if Gibson is hurting that much, then they would try to sell off brands in order to pay down their debt.

The problem is that a lot of the companies they bought out on the road to this problem are also losers, and at this point they can only unload them at a loss.

Michael

Reaction score
Seems to me that if Gibson is hurting that much, then they would try to sell off brands in order to pay down their debt. The biggest prize might be Epiphone. They are very close to being independent, have a growing following and have made serious improvements over the last couple of decades. I really like my Sheraton II Pro I got last year so myself, and all of us devotees, would like them to stay around. Gibson will remain, even if it is on a smaller scale. Personally I think they have priced themselves out of the "average man's" market faced with stiff competition from an ever growing pile of competitors .
I recently bought one of the best guitar I ever had and I had too many.... My epi Lee Malia explorer beats the 4 gibson explorers I tried before buying it, 2 new, a 2006 and a 2015. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2 gibsons but in 2018 theres alot of similar quality or higher instruments for less money. ESP/LTD for example. The high end and signature series LTD are awesome and for an equaly priced new guitar I'd take the ESP over the Gibson any day

Digger

Reaction score
Back on topic...

Anything would be better than AMI!

Stuart

Reaction score
Still no €pi’s in Mall Music’s stores when I checked last week... & Allans / Billy Hyde have now closed their Sydney stores... It’s not looking pretty down here!

Last edited:

Supersonic

Reaction score
Still no €pi’s in Mall Music’s stores when I checked last week... & Allans / Billy Hyde have now closed their Sydney stores... It’s not looking pretty down here!

Stu I gotta ask, what Epi is next on your list?

Latest posts