Not another "OLD NEW GUY"

• Thread starter Robert Miller
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Miller

Reaction score
Yes, I'm afraid so. Another Old fart looking for a place to rest his bones. My name is Robert and I'm 70 yrs. old, but I think like a a 30-40 year old. If you remember the old Pepsi ads, "For those who think young", well, that's me. The think young part, not the soda.

I got my first Epi when I was 14 yrs. old. I bought it at IZZY YOUNG'S Folklore center on W. 4th st. at 6th Ave. in NYC. I paid $135 for it minus $45.00 for a Goya trade-in. The Epi was a Texan made in Kalamazoo and it was about a 1955 model or so. My first real guitar with TONE to match and a nice slim neck to hold on to. The Goya was a really weird goose. It was a parlor sized job with a flat fingerboard and a slotted peg-head and a 12 fret neck, but it had steel strings on it. and that's the way it was built. I bought it new from Manny's Music on W.48th St., $60 with a cardboard case. It had a pin style bridge so it definitely was meant to have steel strings but as I got a little more knowledge under my belt I figured the builder started to build one thing and then went to lunch and had a change of mind and finished it up another way. Anyway I'm glad to be among friends of the brand and I hope to be around for a bit longer.

I have an Epiphone Coronet for sale on the Classified page so check it out if your in the market.
Thanks for being who you are and what you are and I hope the feeling is mutual on your part.

Take care and play on brothers and sisters. Robert

Attachments

• 209_PIA20496_Thumbnail.jpg
    209_PIA20496_Thumbnail.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts