Not Much Love for the Custom?

• Thread starter Jim603
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jim603

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I've been poking around a little. I don't see too many posts about Les Paul Customs. Is there a reason for this? Are they seen as inferior to the standard, or is it just one of those things?

This seems like a great forum with a lot of good people. Tons of guitar eye candy... I think I'll like it here. :)

BGood

Reaction score
Welcome Jim and we NEED to see your arsenal.

Dunno for the Custom though. Maybe too blingy ? For me anyways.

Brian16sg

Reaction score
I was playing around with a black one last weekend at Guitar Center . It was nice i realy liked it and wanted to take it home. I think most go for the standard since there usualy cheeper and have more color options .

Jim603

Reaction score
I ordered a pristine one used from Guitar Center. It showed up today and it looks absolutely flawless. It needed a little relief so I went to loosen the truss rod and the nut is trashed. It's going back this weekend. Such a shame, but now I may change my mind and go for a nice flamey standard instead. Decisions, decisions...

Bonzo21

Reaction score
The customs are great guitars, maybe they are talked about infrequently because they are diluted by other models and the fact that there are generally just more standards out there. My only LP right now is a 56 Gold Top and it is my first ever standard, I've only had Lp customs in the past (2 of them-->A ltd custom Black Back, and a Zakk Wylde Orange bullseye). The black back is my "one that got away." I've gotten rid of a lot of guitars over the years and a lot more valuable ones, but that one... still gets to me ahahah.

For reference: http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Custom-Blackback.aspx

MonochromeRainbow

Reaction score
It’s one of the models I’m considering for my next Epi. Kind of hoping they release the custom lite in black over here. I think Korea is the only place that has them right now.

Wmachine

Reaction score
I have a number of really nice Gibson LPs. But I still really like my 2011 EPI Custom (actually a Custom Pro).
Naturally aging and fits like a comfortable broken in glove.

1fijpnY3ePOBP6FzNC6SDRCIfbYKXO0MJXGolWL8L-huRiUl46KfpBFFKl0SmTN5s8ZmRmXLfqPyQjNFcUh5xpl_F9gZs-GRPm1ISJCrI7uCCnsGClizk1JPo14ENZ7TjiznRxflJkJ6nzLselhueYzy7S3nifQ5qlaZgSWpEPwT6M1eVPSJFSZXcjxCc-YzKHAD0GpMSFD_J4BVRbJ_m8L4TkDtBnr7Z4_ELak7b4su00sKBKpru8Kwp5QyLEtR16vwS2mJd_w65szG7BWodL1qhuRDzvmZhFKKbB1OFrfYNnZUT7s6_6seZVZ8fhZAAk5LgijzFcUqShe9i02YuDHtLvEHNzEEY7_PC2TGOLWO2_13n0gjJqksWi1umBE7uqKzFWNcb2LEeobfqZstnJLJJ84dijwDi4UaGhjHigximYjPJRPu4HM0cl4zkvMGzY4VmMMVjErpoKjUAKnQ5x6F0ugyCzO7mP8HHRktSPrrExophvic17mIOI8Yy28h2UXgt-mB-g2yh01Nc7kYWDrZhSVN7_F-kdc-kMp2hvjDkqryzkhf3Y9kOyU8sO_BWBktUUA4JMf5F1TiH2d6scbEiZe9ICip2s2RK7b4qf1eXacKVoMrvLvwD7oOa4YxsTui7HUgN0-hG_EVZqUztc4kooonOUuJGEj_VyMd2CCXlwhgMuBYk0S7Xf7SLZbADTuYNTxW9ZXzOsEqt2xi82X3qXKhO8uWx0W8dQz0IpARSSdQ=w511-h767-no

MacNasty

Reaction score
I love the white customs. A while back I passed on buying one instead for a Gibson Studio in alpine white with the gold hardware and ebony fingerboard. Beautiful guitar, but had issues right out the case. The Epiphone Custom I tried played much better didn't have the problems that the Gibson had which required me to spend even more money having it worked on.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
I have an 2007 Alpine White Epiphone LPC with a Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners a, with a stock Epi neck pickup ( sound too go to replace ) and a Dragonfire Alnico 5 at 16.9k ohms.
One of the three guitars that don't have a Floyd Rose or Wilkinson trem.
That Epi brings out an aspect of my playing that no other in my collection can .... It made my1971 V and my 1974 Gibson LPC, jealous.
Epi's , in my opinion, are one the best guitars you can get regardless of brand.

Latest posts