NVGD

• Thread starter eS.G.
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Found this odd bird locally for 2 bills....needs some TLC but wow --- what craftsmanship.
72 Et-290 -- they ran 220.00 NEW in 72 pricey for that time.....this was the "Deluxe" model.
--somewhere in time a carvin neck pup and dimarzzio bridge where added (probably in the late 80s....Hari Bands ya know)

ANyway thought you al might enjoy

epitalk.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
Found this odd bird locally for 2 bills....needs some TLC but wow --- what craftsmanship.
72 Et-290 -- they ran 220.00 NEW in 72 pricey for that time.....this was the "Deluxe" model.
--somewhere in time a carvin neck pup and dimarzzio bridge where added (probably in the late 80s....Hari Bands ya know)

ANyway thought you al might enjoy

View attachment 5216
You know I'm digging that!

Especially with that Carvin neck pickup!

achieverscert.jpg

eS.G.

Reaction score
NICE.

thanks guys....yes its awesome -- and thank you Raiyn the super special input jack you dropped on me was PERFECT when the 40+ year old input jack crapped the bed early this a.m.
Now with fresh cleaned pots and 3 way switch and a spanking new jack.....this little beastie will ROCK on for many more years

eS.G.

Reaction score
FYIE both pups are very versatile and do cleans suprisingly well.....just roll of the volume a bit---
the position and palcement of the neck pup gives it a more "'stratish" woman tone upper fret access is ---well un encumbered......its a damn fine little "git"

Raiyn

Reaction score
NICE.

thanks guys....yes its awesome -- and thank you Raiyn the super special input jack you dropped on me was PERFECT when the 40+ year old input jack crapped the bed early this a.m.
Now with fresh cleaned pots and 3 way switch and a spanking new jack.....this little beastie will ROCK on for many more years
Those PureTone jacks are wonderful little things. A bit overpriced at the moment, but find them on a deal. :thumbs:
It's obviously better than the broken one, but how do you like it so far?
FYIE both pups are very versatile and do cleans suprisingly well.....just roll of the volume a bit---
the position and palcement of the neck pup gives it a more "'stratish" woman tone upper fret access is ---well un encumbered......its a damn fine little "git"
@Dave J was surprised at how nice the S22s in The Lady are, so it brings a smile to my face to hear you're enjoying your Carvin.

eS.G.

Reaction score
It's obviously better than the broken one, but how do you like it so far?
Works awesome--- smooth and SECURE when you plug the cord in you KNOW its in there.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Works awesome--- smooth and SECURE when you plug the cord in you KNOW its in there.
It's too bad the marketing people decided to overhype the "tone benefits" rather than focus on the things actual users are going to notice and care about.
She is home........
epi-guradian-angel-jpg.5217
Right above the battle station for easy access. :thumbs:

Last edited:

eS.G.

Reaction score
I have another "real" epiphone guitar....... Made in USA ---Kalamazoo Michigan Gibson Plant to be exact.

Epiphone Spirit ---81 edition

Spirit.jpg

Latest posts