Recommendation and thoughts on Epi LP Standard Plustop Pro, LP Custom Pro and the 100th Anniversary?

• Thread starter midicity
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

midicity

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to get a Epi LP, and am considering the the following models
1)LP Standard Plustop Pro,
2) LP Custom Pro
3) 100th Anniversay LP Custom

Price aside, how close do they sound? I haven't really tested the guitars yet.
Thanks for any thoughts and recommendations

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to get a Epi LP, and am considering the the following models
2) LP Custom Pro

Go to the store. Try the guitars. If possible try them with an amp like your own. You'll know the right one when you feel it.

Biddlin

Reaction score
The 100th anniversary Custom is very nice and if you are wild about the Imperial tuners, it's the one. The custom Pro is the same guitar sans 24k gold hardware and fancy tuners. Both are all mahogany body, the custom pro us said to have a maple veneer in the ads, but I don't think so. I recently played both side by side and there is no sonic difference. Both of the guitars weighed in at just under 9 lb.s My choice would be the Standard if I could get the bourbon burst finish. I like the slightly brighter tone for most music.

midicity

Reaction score
The 100th anniversary Custom is very nice and if you are wild about the Imperial tuners, it's the one. The custom Pro is the same guitar sans 24k gold hardware and fancy tuners. Both are all mahogany body, the custom pro us said to have a maple veneer in the ads, but I don't think so. I recently played both side by side and there is no sonic difference. Both of the guitars weighed in at just under 9 lb.s My choice would be the Standard if I could get the bourbon burst finish. I like the slightly brighter tone for most music.
Is there a significant sonic difference between the standard and custom? Is the only difference, the veneer ?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
2) LP Custom Pro

None of this 3

4) LP Tribute plus
5) LP Custom 1955

because both have more 'bang for your bucks'

and
Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

Last edited:

Jeffytune

Reaction score
To me, how it looks is less important to how it plays and feels unplugged.
Pick ups can be changed, so can the hardware to whatever you like, but if it doesn't play great in your hands, you need to move on to one that does.

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
I Believe it's better to go and try some, that way you will get something you like.
All these guitars are LPs with slightly different specs, Personally I would go with the 100th or '55 custom.

John

Reaction score
Unfortunately around here trying out a guitar is easier said than done...

midicity

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. Unfortunately, I live in asia and the local distributor only has the Tribute Plus 60s. No custom 1955. Not many used Epis in my country as it's a small country

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. Unfortunately, I live in asia and the local distributor only has the Tribute Plus 60s. No custom 1955. Not many used Epis in my country as it's a small country

In that case, go with the Tribute+, if it's in your budget.

Welcome to Epi-Talk. And come back with photos when you choose - even if it's not an Epi. We like all guitars.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I love the blue one.

Agreed. I think that's my favorite too. Then the Black Cherry with the gold trim. I've never really liked any of the Les Paul 'burst' colors. Well, the common, classic ones anyway.

John

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the LP burst either but I do have a LP Honey Burst I really like. I agree on the Black Cherry also..

Latest posts