SG 400s. Worth considering?

• Thread starter marty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marty

Reaction score
Recently I've been thinking about getting an SG of some sort and the 400 seems to be about the best one about. Can any of you tell me what they're like in sound and comfort. Also there seems to be a '66 version available and if that means a chunkier neck that would be a plus for me.
So if you SG 400 owners would care the share your experiences of them with me I would be eternally grateful. Or if you consider something superior to the 400 let me know. Thanks in advance.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Ive owned several over the years........ I prefer a thin neck -- so-- TBTH you might like some of the Gibson lines SGJ has a chunky neck and you can score them used --- and the SGM new right now at Sam Ash for 449.00 ---not far from NEW Epi G400 prices.
IMHO the G400 is the TOP of the Epiphone SG shaped objects and frankly better constructed and finished than the lower end Gibson SG's I have owned and played.

IF you really WANT --- an AMAZING --- SG shaped object....with drastic versatility -- amazing build quality and pickups you will find totally unique and available in no other guitar.......seek a VOX sDC-33
http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/guitar/sdc33.html

Slimmer -- more comfortable body shape lighter....faster....like an SG stiletto . Picked one up for 250.00 used......

Latest posts