Sharing and Promoting Your Music

PeterOeh

Reaction score
Thanks & your video was real good also. I watched it a few times and really enjoyed it. Are you using a looper pedal or something? And is your guitar an Epiphone LP Gold Top Standard? It has a great sound to it especially on the neck pick up.

;>)/
aaw thanks so much. and yes, i use a boss rc-1 loop station (pedal) - its a main work horse of mine, couldnt live without it.
its great for practice, writing music and just messing around. - i strongly recommend anyone to get a looper.
and yes again, its a epiphone les paul standard goldtop, my main girl, (pups are classic 57s), i put in a wilkinson roller bridge & tusq xl nut. playing with the idea of putting a probucker in the bridge, keep the classic 57 in the neck..

@PeterOeh I’ve revisited your jam a few times ... It’s beautifully haunting & makes for a killer soundtrack to the desert road that it now has rolling through my imagination.
aaaw bro, thanks a ton, i really appreciate that.. i really do.. :cheers:

PeterOeh

Reaction score
Great job gentlemen. I cant stomach hearing myself play let alone sharing it.
its NOT a competition. this thread is NOT created to "judge" anyone, that wasnt the idea at all :dunno:
its just to share music and have fun:cheers:, get some input and feedback, and maby get new ideas and learn new stuff:dude:
so dont hold back, please share :jb: we all love guitars & music...

Last edited:

Supersonic

Reaction score
Holy Crap... I thought you were just awesomely jamming along to a track (like that’s an easy thing :rolleyes:)... That is a GREAT song, & you’ve got an amazing voice... so now I hate you Bros ;)

You're too kind Stu, but I appreciate it. And as you already know I'm a big fan of Partners In Crime. :cheers:

PeterOeh

Reaction score
someone said that the eletric guitar was dying because no one was listning to death metal no more.
that is ofcourse a statement of ignorance and a unbiased view on music as a whole.
but that flared up a old song back deep in my memeory from back when i was kid...
half n half guitar cover and improvisation of a old Morbid Angel intro : Desolate Ways..

John

Reaction score
Nice job Peter, sounds great.....

duceditor

Reaction score
"Sharing and promoting." Yeah, I like that.

When you're starting off they are equally important. Too many really gifted musicians never get heard - and part of that is a sort'a shyness that some have towards self promotion. "Don't blow your own trumpet" is what they over and over were told. Over and over until they believe it.

I got passed that point early. But now I have no need to "promote." Just to share. My music, like my imaging, is no longer for sale. Yeah retirement! :) And the freedom to do what one wants when one wants, one's needs (both $$ and ego) hopefully satisfied by a life's work. But to my younger friends I say "promote away!" I, for one, will look forward to giving it a listen.

Here I'll just share. Something atypical for me, at least when it comes to sharing. Just me. No Black Box Band. No, not even an amp. Yup, just me on an acoustic doing my own take on an old Muddy Waters tune.

Hope you enjoy.

-don

Stuart

Reaction score
Bumping this one up, on it’s three month anniversary here, out of total respect... I seriously love ‘Sweet Cyan’ & still have it on high rotation :applause:

Last edited:

Latest posts