Show your Amps...

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Congrats! I just had a deal on a Laney LC30 1x12 tube combo go south. Guitar karma strikes again, not meant to be. At least, not yet. (If the seller gets the amp's issues sorted, he's promised to get back to me.)
Thank you. I hope the deal eventually goes your way. It's difficult to be patient but it pays off.

BGood

Reaction score
This where I'm at now and it looks like it is pretty much where I'll stay.

View attachment 22268
I lied didn't I ?

The Fender head is gone and I found (I should say I stole) this mint 2009 Peavy Delta Blues 210 Vintage Tweed. 30 watts of creamy sweet tones. Not a bad replacement, and now I'm done ... right ?

IMG_8024_tonemapped copy.jpg

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
The current herd of loudmakers.....

dYu5wiB.jpg

kf5OwVU.jpg

EPBkTU4.jpg

H09o9Yp.jpg

sold the Crate-amps and got me a Vox DA10 and the Laney VC15 in 2023

Last edited:

Maguchi

Reaction score
These are probly my favorites. Bruno Cowtipper with Marshall cab, Carvin R600 bass combo, Fender Princeton Reverb and Vibrochamp Reverb, Marshall Mini Silver Jubilee, Matchless DC-30, Mesa Boogie Fillmore 25, Peavey Delta Blues, Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus, Sound City SC-30, Vox AC-15

BrunoCowtipper.jpgCrvnR600.jpgFendrBF&SF.jpgMarshallSlvrJblee.jpgMatchlessDC30.jpgMesaBoogFillmore.jpgPeaveyDltaBlues.jpgRoland JC-77.jpgSoundCitySC30.jpgVoxAC15HW.jpg

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Fillmore 25

I'd like to try (and probably buy) one of them - sadly Mesa has nearly disappeared from the market here in Germany

Gibson is working hard to destroy some members of their 'family of brands'
at least this is how I feel about it

ps
you've got a GREAT collection of amps
:applause: :applause::applause:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Congrats !

You'll never know.......
I have a feeling that when it comes to "done" the word is synonymous with death. :D
I'd like to try (and probably buy) one of them - sadly Mesa has nearly disappeared from the market here in Germany

Gibson is working hard to destroy some members of their 'family of brands'
at least this is how I feel about it

ps
you've got a GREAT collection of amps
:applause: :applause::applause:
Yup, Gibson acquiring Mesa was horrifying news. I just hope it turns out better than most of Fender's acquisitions that ceased to exist not all that long after they acquired them. Glad that Jeff Genzler resurfaced with a new line of amps under his own name this time with Andy contributing.

Speaking of which. My new bass combo is pictured here sitting on top of my Epifani 212 cab. This is the latest in lightweight gear Jeff is producing. That Bass Array cab is incredible for it's size and the whole rig with the MG350 head attached weighs just 25lbs. I love it!

genzler.jpg

The guitar amps haven't changed much.

BC60repaired.jpg
Original version Roland Blues Cube 60 analog TubeLogic war horse.

tweaker.jpeg
Egnater Tweaker 15w tube fired amp w/one of the two 1x12 cabs I have.

US SuperBlock.jpg
Excellent Fender emulations and a loud 25w. Easily giggable.

Spark.jpg
Just picked this up to use with my acoustic and for jam tracks.

Bartrock

Reaction score
After experiencing some troubles with health,I repost the picture of my modest amp collection.Sorry for messsing up a little,hope it will be a more steady presence here from now.

Muurtje. by Bart Gerritsen, on Flickr

By the way:I recently swapped the Celestion Seventy 80 in the MX112 cab for a Greenback.The difference is HUGE.Like the DSL5CR is a new amp to me.This thing really shines now,a true gem by Marshall.

Bartrock

Reaction score
These are probly my favorites. Bruno Cowtipper with Marshall cab, Carvin R600 bass combo, Fender Princeton Reverb and Vibrochamp Reverb, Marshall Mini Silver Jubilee, Matchless DC-30, Mesa Boogie Fillmore 25, Peavey Delta Blues, Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus, Sound City SC-30, Vox AC-15

View attachment 24155View attachment 24156View attachment 24157View attachment 24158View attachment 24159View attachment 24160View attachment 24161View attachment 24162View attachment 24163View attachment 24164

I am planning to buy me a mini Silver Jubilee too,not sure if I like to have the head,or the combo.Probably ending up having both of 'em. Very nice collection of amps.

Mike Hickey

Reaction score
since nobody got inspired by the 'show your Epiphone' thread

I'll do it again..:D

DSCI0763.jpg

BlackHeart Handsome Devil Combo 15w 1x12" (main amp)
Fame GX60R 60w 1x12" Hybrid (backup, got it for free)
Vox ToneLab LE
Vox DA5 (practise amp)

nothing special - but it fits my needs :D
I tried. The files were to big.

Bartrock

Reaction score
BTW the speaker on the combo is closed back so sounds similar to a head and cab in a one piece package
Yeah,I remember seeing only a small 'vent/bass port' at the back of the combo.It has a Greenback,If I remember correctly? I have a Marshall MX112 cab,and swapped the Seventy 80 in it for a Greenback-NOW that little DSL5 shines! So I maybe opt for the head,but of course nothing wrong with two closed backs with a Greenback in it \m/

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Go on then I'll play,

I’d been looking into Ashdown recently.

Mid last year I was on the lookout for a warm / vintage sounding amp and thought ashdown would fit the bill. I picked this little beauty which replaced my worn out Laney RB9 with RB10 410 Cab.

Five 15 BBH Head with MAG 210T Cab
[IMG]

Fast forward to just before xmas and amy local Cash Converters pawn shop(where I get most of my super deals from) had a ABM 410T cab for £99, being so close to xmas I wasn't sure if funds would work out and decided to see if it was still there after xmas.
On the 6th of January I went back in and it was still there so I decided to take the bait. Talking to the girl behind the counter, she said if I was taking it that day and paying cash, is so I could have it for £80.

As their sorting out the sale, the assistant manager (who I've known for years) comes over and asks if I would be interested in the amp that was originally bought in with the cab? They had sold it but it was faulty so it was back in the store, I asked what was wrong with it and she said the sound kept cutting out and if I thought I could fix it I could have both units for £130 cash so I decided to take a risk (I still hadn't seen the amp at this point. I pay for them both while she sends 2 staff into the back to bring out the head. Here's what I ended up with.

ABM C210T-500 EVO III Combo & ABM 410T Cab
[IMG]

That faulty intermittent output was just caused by dirt in both the input and volume pots. A quick spray with contact cleaner on all the pots and she sounds as good as new.

The tolex has seen better days on both units but I'm thinkinf of re-covering both units in a cream tolex so its all good.

The Five 15 has now become my main 6 string amp.

Darkness

Reaction score
I've had this amp for about a year now. Pre-production that my wife gifted to me for my birthday. It is out in stores now. Picture posted the other day.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-150-watt-acoustic-guitar-and-vocal-amplifier
It's been a learning experience to play on, hard to get a good sound indoors. Not because of anything specific to this model, but because acoustic has challenges that don't apply to electric.

The sound and feedback are more controlled when playing my Taylor with the pickups in the bridge, which comes as no surprise. The challenging one was the Guild, with the pickup in the sound hole. It can get boomy and start reverbing wildly. Letting a sting sustain can start a wuwuwawawahwahwahwah that progressively gets louder.

I learned to tame it, and now that an instruction manual is available I can use the settings Taylor recommended. These are not them, but it is nice being able to set adjustments for the two acoustics I own and not have to reset if I decide to play one or the other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204-143738_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204-143738_Gallery.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 3

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Here's all of them, as of about a year and a half ago.

View attachment 22638

I still have all of the above except for the baby Vox, which I felt was redundant having bought the AC30.

This last week I added a Marshall head, a MOSFET Lead 100 (model 3210):

View attachment 22639

I believe that's all of them. ;)

After I got the above Mosfet LEAD 100 (3210), I lucked into a Fender Bassbreaker 18/30. I had not been looking for one, or for that matter for anything more. But these had had been streeting for around $800 USD new, and I got one in VG condition for one-quarter of that. So how could I not buy it? He shoots, he scores! I loves me some living in a college town with a rockin' music scene-- buyers' market!

Bassbreaker 1830 Fender amp with Marzen beer.jpg

Bassbreaker back panel.jpgBassbreaker top.jpg

Bassbreaker.jpg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
and I've got the bigger brother of the 2 Vox, the DA20 (2x8")

and got a third Tech21 TradeMark 30 for a GREAT price
this one has a Weber speaker
View attachment 24762View attachment 24763
Those Trademark 30s and 60s and Roland Blues Cubes are among the best SS amps ever made. Where did you find one with an Alnico speaker?

Last edited:

Latest posts