Show your Amps...

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
since nobody got inspired by the 'show your Epiphone' thread

I'll do it again..:D

DSCI0763.jpg

BlackHeart Handsome Devil Combo 15w 1x12" (main amp)
Fame GX60R 60w 1x12" Hybrid (backup, got it for free)
Vox ToneLab LE
Vox DA5 (practise amp)

nothing special - but it fits my needs :D

buddhuu

Reaction score
Here are my amps: a RAT Tube-20R, a Peavey Bandit and a Laney Cub 10.

They're all great, inexpensive amps, but the RAT is the interesting one. It's a Blues Junior clone but actually better quality then a real FBJ. It's also been substantially modded by Andy at RAT Valve Amps. It's 15w RMS, 1x12". Switchable SS and tube rectifier and modified tone stack. All the notorious Blues Junior issues (which also apply to the stock SubZero version of this amp) have been fixed, such as the overly hot tube bias. The amp has also been converted to autobias. All inferior parts have been replaced with good quality ones. I've had it a few weeks and I'm loving it.

Sadly, I had to sell the Classic Vibe Tele in the bottom pic. It was just too heavy to wear for a whole gig. :(

G400-RATtube-20R.jpg gear.jpg

David Wiese

Reaction score
I was inspired, I just have no way to get pics of my Epi up here on my work computer.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I have a Bugera V22, which is more than sufficient for my uses (practicing at home, basically). I put a NOS GE JAN 5751 in the V1 socket, a TAD Gold Series 7025 in V2, and another GE JAN 5751 in the PI spot. The harsh, raspy OD sound has been replaced by a smooth, rich tone, and I'm able to get my distortion from the power amp instead of the preamp now, by using an attenuator.015.JPG

IGRocker

Reaction score
image_zps02352092.jpg

Fender Mustang II, Behringer GM108, Orange micro crush, and my first amp: Peavey Rage 158. I mostly use the Fender, the preset bypass mode works well and I just use my Boss GT-6 for my tonez (yes, I'll admit it, I have a slash preset...)

So when's someone starting a stomp box thread? I can talk all day about that! :D

lunchie

Reaction score
EVH.jpg

EVH 5150 iii 1x12 50 watt combo - I replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion G12K100 other then that its stock. I'm waiting on a shipment of NOS preamp tubes to play around with.

muchxs1.jpg

The surf/blonde is what use to be a Fender Champ 600. I sent it to boothill who does a 5F1 conversion for them. I blew up the tranny so I sent it off the Muchxs to be repaird and had a cab made for it. Its loaded with a old Mexican 6x9 that just sounds sick!

The orange/blonde is a Muchxs Morpheus. It is a modified blackface Champ with a switchable tone stack for those sweet Tweed tones. Its 2 amps in one! Its loaded with a 10" Eminence Legend which is a really good pairing.

Mark

Reaction score
I'm playing through a 2003 Peavey XXL head and 2 Crate cabs. But they aren't Crates, it's what's inside that's different. ;)

101_0032.jpg

And a 1965 Fender Deluxe with a Power Soak.

101_0053-1.jpg

And a homemade Marshall cab.

101_0034.jpg

Tons of odds and ends. I'm kind of bummed that I gave away my 1974 Yamaha head, but it was too damn loud to use anywhere.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I'm playing through a 2003 Peavey XXL head and 2 Crate cabs. But they aren't Crates, it's what's inside that's different. ;)

101_0032.jpg

And a 1965 Fender Deluxe with a Power Soak.

101_0053-1.jpg

And a homemade Marshall cab.

101_0034.jpg

Tons of odds and ends. I'm kind of bummed that I gave away my 1974 Yamaha head, but it was too damn loud to use anywhere.

Holy sh!t - a fullstack for home usage, powered by a Top with 150 or more watts.....

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
Holy sh!t - a fullstack for home usage, powere by a Top with 150 or more watts.....

Well, I always liked LOUD! LOL Actually, I don't play on 10 anymore (I did for years as my deafness proves), more like 2 these days. Or I'll plug in the Power Soak and set the amp on 10 for the gain, then turn the PS down to acceptable. :D

This is what I was saying about my old Yamaha being too F'ing loud to play anywhere. I would turn the volume to zero, then slowly turn it up to 1/2 of 1, where the sound popped on and I was already too loud to mic through the P.A. Soundmen used to chew me out at every club I played until I would show them. They'd just shake their head and walk away. And that was with a half stack. :)

This was at the infamous Mason Jar in Phoenix in the mid-80's. I was playing through my Fender and the Marshall cab I made (to the left in the dark). This was one club that screamed about my Yamaha, so I was forced to down-size. LOL

Mark-band-1.jpg

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
No pictures of this (I'll dig, see if I can find something), but in ... 1985 ? I sold my Traynor YBA-3 Custom Special with 2 custom made JBL 15" cabs AND a Gibson SG EBO bass with added Fender Precision PU at the bridge for ... $250, to a kid that was just learning. Ishhh ... the things you regret.

Now I'm having fun with a Vox Ad50VT and a Fender FM65DSP. Covers all I need as tone goes.

Latest posts