Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beekeeper

Reaction score
Fun story. a few months ago my wife spotted the LP on the left (honeyburst) while we were browsing guitars in a pawn shop. It was a bit dirty and the the selector switch was scratchy but the price was too low to pass so it went home with us. After a good cleaning, setup and Deoxit to the switch, it plays beautifully and feels great. Its a 2018 Plus Top and and I've always been partial to chunkier necks so the Slimtaper D neck felt odd but over time I've gotten to like it. My youngest son also has grown fond of it and has been dropping hints that I could give it to him (nope). He is really fond of the Slimtaper neck and the Probuker 2&3 pups so my wife and I set out today looking. We came across a 2015 version of the same model in a 2nd hand music shop this morning. It was REALLY dirty and the pickup selector even scratchier but I new what I was looking for this time and the price wasn't a steal but it was appropriate so it came home. After a deep clean of the guitar and electronics its the same wonderful LP as my honeyburst except blue. I'll strum and pick on it a few times before it finds itself in my son's hands on Dec. 25... and I am a little jealous becuase as a result of it being a few years older, it appears to have an darker, more appealing rosewood board. I hope people enjoy the guitars I've let go as much as I enjoy the pre-owned ones I find.

Attachments

• 20221119_194142 red.jpg
    20221119_194142 red.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 27

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Tha
Fun story. a few months ago my wife spotted the LP on the left (honeyburst) while we were browsing guitars in a pawn shop. It was a bit dirty and the the selector switch was scratchy but the price was too low to pass so it went home with us. After a good cleaning, setup and Deoxit to the switch, it plays beautifully and feels great. Its a 2018 Plus Top and and I've always been partial to chunkier necks so the Slimtaper D neck felt odd but over time I've gotten to like it. My youngest son also has grown fond of it and has been dropping hints that I could give it to him (nope). He is really fond of the Slimtaper neck and the Probuker 2&3 pups so my wife and I set out today looking. We came across a 2015 version of the same model in a 2nd hand music shop this morning. It was REALLY dirty and the pickup selector even scratchier but I new what I was looking for this time and the price wasn't a steal but it was appropriate so it came home. After a deep clean of the guitar and electronics its the same wonderful LP as my honeyburst except blue. I'll strum and pick on it a few times before it finds itself in my son's hands on Dec. 25... and I am a little jealous becuase as a result of it being a few years older, it appears to have an darker, more appealing rosewood board. I hope people enjoy the guitars I've let go as much as I enjoy the pre-owned ones I find.
Both of those Les Pauls look great but man that Honeyburst is stunning!

So many guitars claim to have a “Honeyburst” finish only to not quite get there. But yours is perfect!

Nice Les Pauls! :)

Pat

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
N
Nothing I like better than my Epi Les Paul Customs.

They are really a kind of well kept secret. Compared to just an Epi LP Standard they are a totally different sound and feel that I really like. And I love the wider fretboard!

The modern era Customs have Grover tuners, ProBuckers and nice hardware. As well they have a mahogany neck and body with usually a maple laminate or are made of another tone wood like my Koa LPC.

I can usually spot them online used with a case for less than $800. That’s a pretty damn good price nowadays for what your buying.

Now don’t tell anyone! :)

Pat

phonepi

Reaction score
My Epi Sisters...

Before :

19092812363325019416428597.jpg

After :

VoGYOb-Epi-Sisters-25-11-22.jpg

P

phonepi

Reaction score
Great job !
On the blue one, you filled the humbucker cavities ?

Thanks @BGood ! Yes, exactly : a woodblock glued in, and then re-routing.

Fantastic mods! Really digging the light blue one

Thanks @Noodling Guitars ! This is the well-known Daphne Blue color.

Now I am very tempted to add the same shape pickguard on the Sunburst Epi with Humbuckers, but with Black Pearl or Bronze Pearl pattern, as below :

1669458345296.png

But what do you think Guys ? "Questionable Idea" or "Lttle Touch of Fancyness" ? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

P

phonepi

Reaction score
Quick test with a leftfover sheet of "Granite" pickguard, to study a possible shape. I can carve another in Black Pearl, since I have a leftover large enough :

OwdZOb-Granite-little-pickguard.jpg

Is it fine or is it meh ? :hmm: :naughty:

P

grinwer

Reaction score
Quick test with a leftfover sheet of "Granite" pickguard, to study a possible shape. I can carve another in Black Pearl, since I have a leftover large enough :

P

P
:facepalm:

imnotcreative

Reaction score

P

In my opinion the pickguard sticks out like a sore thumb.
The guitar having mostly darker shades i would suggest a darker color if you want to put on a pickguard.

That black pearloid would probably look nice i think.

phonepi

Reaction score
Another test, this time with the same sthape that my Epi Daphne Blue, but in Black Pearl :

kBrZOb-Black-Pearl-pickguard.jpg

The shape looks better suited, but the Black Pearloid is not amazing... :rolleyes:

P

Latest posts