Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

syco

Reaction score
The black custom and the black P90s looks meant to be. I like that look a lot more than the humbucker ones. Any plans to mod that one?
If I happen to run across a set of P90 Pros ....... that would be all I would do .Cts pots , Mallory caps . Could be my imagination , but neck doesn't feel as "thin" on this one .

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
My wife read a post to me today.

"Steal a man's wallet and he will be broke for a day. Teach a man to play an instrument and he will be broke for life" :rofl:

That's a beauty. With the grain on the board it would have followed me home too if I saw it for sale. I really want one but can't convince myself yet.
Stroke of luck. The seller had it priced too high to begin with but I think that was part of the plan. That makes the asking price all that more attractive when it's lowered. I do that myself sometimes. We have an 8% sales tax here as well so I like to buy local when I can to avoid it.

I would not have jumped on it if not for the great deal I got. The seller just wanted to move on to something else and get her money out of it. She has one of the most enviable collections of Gibson Les Pauls I have ever seen and a few Heritage models to boot. Amazing.

Robb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I love the Epiphone brand story and history, as well as the quality/value of the guitars. I'm primarily an early 2000's Elite/Elitist fanboi, though I also own a small number of 2020+ Epis and think they're to an instrument, great too! Had a modest but beautiful collection of Elitists prior to a costly...event...in my life a decade ago, and was forced to sell them all; but recently have been able to re-acquire two of the very guitars and replace a few others. A work in progress! Anyway, enjoy!
Howdy and welcome to Epi talk !

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
If I happen to run across a set of P90 Pros ....... that would be all I would do .Cts pots , Mallory caps . Could be my imagination , but neck doesn't feel as "thin" on this one .
Those are so damn classy. If I had not already bought my '56 Gold Top I would've been a buyer for that "55 version.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Do let us know how it plays/sounds. I've been eyeing those for a while.
Playability is excellent. The seller is a player herself so she had it very well set up with a new set of strings. Action is low just how I like it. Weight is just under 8lbs and well balanced as far as I'm concerned.

It has a '50s type chunky rounded "C" neck. It's a good handful with a nice grip. Some may prefer to de-gloss the neck which is also finished in TV Yellow but I'm used to gloss necks so it's fine for me. Tuners are good and the pots and switch feel solid enough.

The pickups while typically noisy sound great. Like a chorus of angels when clean and a pack of demons when pushed hard just like a good P90 should sound. I'll be interested to compare these with the P90s on my 2007 '56 Gold Top to see if there's any real tonal difference.

The overall build quality is a ten. I mean it's difficult to screw up a simple slab body guitar and Epi didn't. Hard to for me to understand how Gibson feels they can charge $1800 for their version and anyone would feel it was worth 3x to 4x more than this one.

Even at $400 plus for a new one it's still one of the better bargains out there IMHO. Other than a different tail piece or noiseless pickups I can't think of anything else anyone would want to modify. Someone could do both and it would still be $1000 less than the Gibson version.

Lutheran1971

Reaction score
Hi @Lutheran1971
welcome here @ €piTalk
View attachment 27050

Hard to beat FujiGen craftmanship

I've missed the €lite/€litists when they were affordable
though while searching for them I've discovered FujiGens own brand FGN
and never really looked back
While I do not (yet) own any, I too have recently discovered FGN exists and they look amazing! Short term for me though is to continue the hunt for an Elitist or two, and perhaps one of the new LP Customs inspired by Gibson Custom. We'll see. Then I'd love to get my hands on an FGN and see what's what with them!

Since we all love looking at guitars, here's an old pic of some of my lost children. The ebony Custom and blue Studio were sold to friends who recently happened to be ready to move them when I was again ready to buy, so I was fortunate to recover them. The Goldtop and Standard Plus (not pictured in my earlier image) I've replaced. The 335 and wine red Custom in this pic are still one's I'm on the hunt for, God willing! :cool:

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 8

tiny lopez

Reaction score
does anyone have information on this Epiphone Parlor J-200 . This is a Prototype I bought on Reverb . Does anyone know if this is going to be released in the near future by Epiphone ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240913_123555684.jpg
    IMG_20240913_123555684.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240913_123046727.jpg
    IMG_20240913_123046727.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 3

Charles Carter

Reaction score
does anyone have information on this Epiphone Parlor J-200 . This is a Prototype I bought on Reverb . Does anyone know if this is going to be released in the near future by Epiphone ?
HNGD.
Sorry, I have no idea but congratulations on the new Qstick.
It looks great.

syco

Reaction score
Last edited:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Haven't posted in this thread for a while....

the €pi-herd has grown .....

wbb1SAn.jpg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Sigh......another one followed me home tonight. I gotta take a different path. This is absolutely the very last guitar I will ever buy. 🤥

View attachment 27056

View attachment 27057
I am really enjoying this guitar. I haven't put it away since I brought it home. It's the least costly guitar I own yet one of the best sounding and nicest playing.

At Jean's suggestion I dropped the neck pickup a bit and I've been dialing down the pickup volume to cut some of the 60 cycle hum and it sounds incredible.

If anyone is on the fence as far as buying one don't be. These guitars are a real bargain. Gibson should be ashamed for asking $1800 for their version of it.

Latest posts