Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vomer

Reaction score
Thanks RTH, yes it is in good nick. I was given it by the original owner who gigged it for a while but looked after it, then it was mostly in its case for years. Despite their shortcomings I do think they are a very good looking geet. That pic doesn't really do it justice, I'll take some better ones at some point.

RTH

Reaction score
Yeah, the neck joints really need to be babied on those, but yours looks like it has been very well taken care of.

El Cid

Reaction score
This forum is starting to take off. Very cool. Great pics all. We need more :)

Guess I should post some here soon

Mr Jones

Reaction score
qLqMmA0.jpg

YcYMpcB.jpg

WillieB

Reaction score
I've already posted this pic elsewhere, but here they are again. I got the lp first and played it to death last year. I just recently purchased the 335 and I'm really bonding with it. I get along well with the large body size. Kinda feel like I'm cheating on my lp/ Anyway, I really need to set aside some time and take some better pics.

IMG_1690 - Copy.JPG

fuelish

Reaction score
Foothills o' the Great Smoky Mtns, TN, USA
Hah....found an old pic of my playing my beaten up ol AJ18, although it appears in decent shape in the pic....since then, the natural finish has darkened quite a bit (pickguard started peeling off, so I finished it off...the wood under the guard is the original finish color, and the rest of the body has gotten considerably darker, not to mention having been knocked off a stand and trampled by a big young dog who put a gouge in the top at least halfway through the wood, but, it's all good...no real harm done, and she didn't mean it ;)
fuuf-1.jpg

Reaction score
Here's my current Epiphone herd. These are all keepers
2012 AJ-220S VS.
2005 Vintage Faded G-400, bound neck. Modded with Gibson Vintage style Keystone tuners, (funny how much difference a few ounces makes in neck dive), bone nut, Gotoh bridge, and the complete harness out of a Current Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro, with split coils and Pro-Buckers. I also polished this one up a bunch, now it has just enough shine to look like it's a finished guitar.
2003 Vintage Burst Les Paul Standard. Modded with Keystone tuners, bone nut, Gotoh bridge and aluminum tailpiece, and Gibson Classic 57's with CTS pots, and switchcraft jack and switch. I knocked a Bunch of the poly shine off this one, left the back kind of satin, and brought just enough shine back on the top to look nice, but not plastic....
epitalk-vi.jpg

Last edited:

RTH

Reaction score
Here's my current Epiphone herd. These are all keepers
2012 AJ-220S VS.
2005 Vintage Faded G-400, bound neck. Modded with Gibson Vintage style Keystone tuners, (funny how much difference a few ounces makes in neck dive), bone nut, Gotoh bridge, and the complete harness out of a Current Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro, with split coils and Pro-Buckers. I also polished this one up a bunch, now it has just enough shine to look like it's a finished guitar.
2003 Vintage Burst Les Paul Standard. Modded with Keystone tuners, bone nut, Gotoh bridge and aluminum tailpiece, and Gibson Classic 57's with CTS pots, and switchcraft jack and switch. I knocked a Bunch of the poly shine off this one, left the back kind of satin, and brought just enough shine back on the top to like nice, but not plastic....
epitalk-vi.jpg

I love the color of that LP. Very nice

Reaction score
Thanks!! I like it, too! I keep thinking it'd be fun to have a Gibson, but honestly this one does everything a Gibson can do, at 1/10th the price, even after all the mods.. I do have a hankerin' for a honeyburst plaintop, tho...

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
$_3.jpeg $_3-1.jpeg $_3-2.jpeg $_3-3.jpeg $_3-4.jpeg $_3-5.jpeg I have 3 Epis.a 1999 Black Dot.a 2005 Epi Les Paul Custom.and a 2001 Epi Dot i just bought.14 years old and still has the plastic on it.my other pics are to big it says and im to stupid to know how to change it but heres my new Baby

Latest posts