Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
A very nice looking guitar! Is there a special reason for the bridge pu to be reversed?

Good point. When I was reinstalling Gibson humbuckers, I put them in so that the wired side was on the bottom (closer to the pots). Then I looked and saw that the bridge pup was reversed. So maybe whoever installed/reinstalled them didn't double check.

DHart

Reaction score
Sometimes I reverse the neck pickup to get a little more treble and sometimes I reverse the bridge pickup to moderate the trebles on that pickup a touch.

BGood

Reaction score
Sometimes I reverse the neck pickup to get a little more treble and sometimes I reverse the bridge pickup to moderate the trebles on that pickup a touch.
And ... does it work ? If so, I might invert all of my humbuckers.

DHart

Reaction score
And ... does it work ? If so, I might invert all of my humbuckers.

I think it makes a bit of a difference. These pickups are not those I intend to use in this guitar. They’re just in there temporarily, until my T-Armonds arrive.

Usually I want a little more brightness from the neck pickup and a little less brightness from the bridge pickup. :)

Last edited:

DHart

Reaction score
Peter Green without removing the magnet?

Ya know, you can dial that in with the tone knob.

Really? :naughty: Haha! So that's what some of you guys use that knob for? :rofl:

Only problem with that is when you engage a tone pot, they introduce a subtle dullness to the tone that I don't like - even when using .015uF caps (which I do). Kind of sounds like a thin blanket is thrown over the speaker. Subtle change, but I don't like it. That's why I prefer No-Load tone pots or no tone pot at all - and .015uF caps.

By reversing the bridge pickup you slightly moderate the highs without introducing the tone pot induced "blanket" over the tone. It's a subtle thing that you'd probably only notice if you play a very clear, clean style. If you play with much overdrive, you probably wouldn't be as likely to notice it.

Bartrock

Reaction score
Well,here is my love!A 2005 MIK ZW Bullseye.A fabulous guitar.The first Epi in my life,but much happier with it than I could have imagined.Hopefully it will not be the last for sure.Will have a better pic soon,this ain't doing justice ;-)
zakk.jpg

Keefoman

Reaction score
Really? :naughty: Haha! So that's what some of you guys use that knob for? :rofl:

Only problem with that is when you engage a tone pot, they introduce a subtle dullness to the tone that I don't like - even when using .015uF caps (which I do). Kind of sounds like a thin blanket is thrown over the speaker. Subtle change, but I don't like it. That's why I prefer No-Load tone pots or no tone pot at all - and .015uF caps.

By reversing the bridge pickup you slightly moderate the highs without introducing the tone pot induced "blanket" over the tone. It's a subtle thing that you'd probably only notice if you play a very clear, clean style. If you play with much overdrive, you probably wouldn't be as likely to notice it.
You can also get the same effect by adjusting pole-pieces and pickup height.

Latest posts