Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GraphX12

Reaction score
Yes. Gator GW-SG-BROWN
I like it very much.
I checked them out and they only have 3 latches (correct?). I'm a 4 latch guy.
Looking to replace my old style Epiphone G-400 case. The neck cradle is slightly off-center which causes the tuners on one side to hit the side of the interior. I have to keep plenty of padding there.

Franc

Reaction score
Yes, they have 3 latches and that’s fine. I love the pink interior with the blanket and the brown exterior and think they look classy (I have 2 now and intend to get one for every SG I own). They are a perfect fit too.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Finally! I can post to this thread!
View attachment 13721 []
How are you liking that Chet Atkins arm?
I checked them out and they only have 3 latches (correct?). I'm a 4 latch guy.
Looking to replace my old style Epiphone G-400 case. The neck cradle is slightly off-center which causes the tuners on one side to hit the side of the interior. I have to keep plenty of padding there.
Consider a SKB 1SKB61. I've keep my G400 in one for years now. The only added padding I've done is a Harbor Freight microfiber cloth under the neck support, and even then I'm not 100% sure if it's just out of habit.
In fact, all of my cases are SKB. I should note that while I prefer their TSA latched series I do have one from them that doesn't have that level of protection, but that's also where I keep my sticker collection.
Frost Case 1.jpg Frost Case 2.jpg Frost Case 3.jpg

I've considered getting a TSA series case for Killer Frost, but I like this one for other reasons.

Robb Paholsky

Reaction score
The gang.jpg
The Sheraton is the first new guitar I ever bought (1982). In this picture it just got back from being restored, new hardware, pickups, rewired and the finish came back without needing stripped.
I used to have a hot rodded Genesis (on board pre-amp, coil split, solid wiring....) but I sold it after a decade of not being in an active band.
I don't remember when I got the MCE but it's no more than ten years and the rest were bought within a few months of release (the arch top is 2017).
New Prophecy.jpg
The latest addition just arrived a month ago.
Yes, it's my least desired color but GC offered $200 in points on my gear card if I "Buy it now", and here it is!
It's in an Epiphone case that's about 5 years old. I thought I'd mention that since I've read complaints that they don't fit.

Last edited:

imnotcreative

Reaction score
i just couldn't help myself so now i'm the proud owner or this Epi les paul standard 60's in iced tea burst.
IMG_20210224_013711.jpg

i haven't been able to play it yet since it arrived about 15 minutes before i had to leave for work and its 1.35am now. i'll try it first thing in the morning.
what i did notice right away is that eventhough it has a ''slim tapered'' neck, it's a fair bit thicker than the slim taper on my g-400. Fortunately not as big on my Gibson les paul bfg though which has a 50's neck.

venturesinspace

Reaction score
Here are mine:

G-400V from 1997
g400v.jpg

Peerless Riviera, also 1997
riviera.jpg

The Wilshires
wilshires.jpg

Yes I have a thing about the batwing headstock.

venturesinspace

Reaction score
V for vibrato, it has a factory installed Epiphone branded bigsby. I think they only made them in limited numbers for a couple of years in the 90s before dropping the idea.

Mimmo

Reaction score
An epiphone dot has been my very first electric, many many years ago. After I went Fender (telecasters) and never looked back.
A few day ago I bought a new epiphone riviera in sparkling burgundy for my band, we cover Oasis so an epi is mandatory and now I am in love. This guitar just plays and sounds great. Period.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
An epiphone dot has been my very first electric, many many years ago. After I went Fender (telecasters) and never looked back.
A few day ago I bought a new epiphone riviera in sparkling burgundy for my band, we cover Oasis so an epi is mandatory and now I am in love. This guitar just plays and sounds great. Period.

Mimmo, my old friend. Finally added an Epiphone to your Tele heard huh?

Congrats on the new Riviera. :cheers:

Mimmo

Reaction score
Mimmo, my old friend. Finally added an Epiphone to your Tele heard huh?

Congrats on the new Riviera. :cheers:

It's nice to see you here @soulman969!
Yeah, it took me a long time but finally I am back to epi heaven :cool: This guitar is a tone monster, extremely easy to play after the setup and the minis are just great pickups - all this for less than 600 buck? I mean, really?
Thanks Epiphone!

Take care my friend :cheers:

Raiyn

Reaction score
You've been around guitar forums long enough to know this, but :photos: or it didn't happen.

Mimmo

Reaction score
You've been around guitar forums long enough to know this, but :photos: or it didn't happen.

I do know it! Problem is that I have tried, but the picture is too big so I can't post it. I have tried several pics but they are always too big.

Latest posts