Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT57

Reaction score
1967-a1cba5ce3e13d7351a11ca6667402c33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

congrats on your new Epi
:thumb:
and

Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:
ps fixed the link to your pic

MikeT57

Reaction score
hey thanks!!! cant figure out why it got cropped though..... need to fix it... I did rotate the image in the media gallery maybe that cut it off?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

MikeT57

Reaction score
Thanks for the help on my pic and the welcomes, I'm a Strat guy but saw this beauty on the wall at Guitar Center today and couldn't take my eyes off of it. Well GAS kicked in and it somehow found its way home with me..... plays and sounds great. I love those humbucker pot switches, very cool the way they did that....

Patrick Spencer

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this guitar for a long time, finally found one and it's a keeper. I know Mr. Lennon wasn't left handed, but I wanted to make it as close to his as possible. Mod's:
  • Kluson, "Mosrite" splitshaft tuners
  • Bone Nut
  • Upgraded pots, caps, switch, wiring and jack
  • Lollar 5% underwound "short" neck pickup, Lollar '50's wind bridge pickup
  • Black switch washer
This guitar is a 2006 Korean, and the build quality is as good as a Gibson ES-330 '59 VOS, I owned for about three hours, hated the fat neck.

Last edited:

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Natural finish hollowbodies are so damned gorgeous! Congrats, hope she plays as good as she looks.

1neeto

Reaction score
Just got this Epi Special a few days ago. My first epi, and first LP style guitar. I like how it plays and I'm a through and through strat guy!

MikeT57

Reaction score
Well my blue burst had a defect in the neck, so back she went and I picked up this honeyburst.... much better.. still like that blue though 20160201_173203-600x1067.jpg

wildeman

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this guitar for a long time, finally found one and it's a keeper. I know Mr. Lennon wasn't left handed, but I wanted to make it as close to his as possible. Mod's:
  • Kluson, "Mosrite" splitshaft tuners
  • Bone Nut
  • Upgraded pots, caps, switch, wiring and jack
  • Lollar 5% underwound "short" neck pickup, Lollar '50's wind bridge pickup
  • Black switch washer
This guitar is a 2006 Korean, and the build quality is as good as a Gibson ES-330 '59 VOS, I owned for about three hours, hated the fat neck.
That is a real beauty you got there.

LSAR

Reaction score
A bump for this thread, to update with my Epi family as it is currently.
DSC_0074_zps14rhmdfv.jpg

DSC_0076_zpsmxkicahw.jpg

DSC_0077_zpsd69dqmzi.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsbwkrv5qh.jpg

The blue Jr. is finally completed after having sat for a few months after I got it, and I've finally found a configuration for the red one that I think I'll stick with, using a Duncan SH-5. And the Wilshire, which has spent most of it's life sans pickups awaiting my money and motivation to get it going has finally been wired up with a set of Duncan Blackouts. It's been fun getting back into working on some guitars over the last month or two after slowing down for a bit.

Latest posts