Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CR

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had some issues with my login but I'm back in business and ready to share some pics of my Epi collection.

View media item 5521966 G-400 Reissue: everyone needs a cherry SG, right?

View media item 553Emperor Swingster Black Royale: very cool, I love the Bigsby on this one

View media item 551'56 Gold Top: loving the P90s on this one after I shimmed them up a little bit higher

View media item 5501993 Sheraton: very nice to play but the pickups let it down a little bit, on my list of future upgrades

View media item 5491998 Les Paul Standard: beautiful flame top, modded everything top to bottom. I put some SD Pearly Gates in there and this thing is a blues rock machine!

full

Lee Malia Signature: proof that I was a lurker around here for a while before I joined :rofl:
This thing is almost too beautiful, and it plays as good as it looks.

P.S. - Sorry for the sideways pictures :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, had some issues with my login but I'm back in business and ready to share some pics of my Epi collection.

View media item 5521966 G-400 Reissue: everyone needs a cherry SG, right?

View media item 553Emperor Swingster Black Royale: very cool, I love the Bigsby on this one

View media item 551'56 Gold Top: loving the P90s on this one after I shimmed them up a little bit higher

View media item 5501993 Sheraton: very nice to play but the pickups let it down a little bit, on my list of future upgrades

View media item 5491998 Les Paul Standard: beautiful flame top, modded everything top to bottom. I put some SD Pearly Gates in there and this thing is a blues rock machine!

View media item 548Lee Malia Signature: proof that I was a lurker around here for a while before I joined :rofl:
This thing is almost too beautiful, and it plays as good as it looks.

P.S. - Sorry for the sideways pictures :confused:

Welcome here @ €piTalk

with this nice collection of €pis you'll fit in perfectly

:h5:

ps, tried to fix the pics, didn't work

weareblyth

Reaction score
First post on this forum....came here from mylespaul.

These are the only 2 guitars I have ever owned, bought 18 years apart.......think I need to take some better photo's too.

DnSABA6.jpg

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
There had been some massive changes in my herd since this forum started nearly 2 years ago.....:lol:

current herd of Epis:

That SG is really nice, but that TAK is SAWEEEEET!!

Any plans on trying to darken the board on the SG?

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Hi there! My first post here...I'm a recent convert to Epiphone fandom. My first Epi was a '90s Power Bass II...terrible. Between that and a portly setup SG310 my buddy had, I was not a fan of Epiphone in general.

...But that was years ago! Now, I'm a proud owner of this '16 Dot Studio! Purchased new on eBay for $279, it quickly becoming the favorite in my collection! Aside from pickup covers and knobs, it's all stock, and sounds absolutely amazing. Problem is, now I want to purchase more Epiphones!!

29422112676_50df2a9031_b.jpg

BGood

Reaction score
Hi there! My first post here...I'm a recent convert to Epiphone fandom. My first Epi was a '90s Power Bass II...terrible. Between that and a portly setup SG310 my buddy had, I was not a fan of Epiphone in general.

...But that was years ago! Now, I'm a proud owner of this '16 Dot Studio! Purchased new on eBay for $279, it quickly becoming the favorite in my collection! Aside from pickup covers and knobs, it's all stock, and sounds absolutely amazing. Problem is, now I want to purchase more Epiphones!!

29422112676_50df2a9031_b.jpg
Welcome Cam.man.
Wait until you put your hands on a good SG, you'll loose all control and be assimilated. Don't even think about resisting the GAS.
But the ride is just fun fun fun.

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Welcome Cam.man.
Wait until you put your hands on a good SG, you'll loose all control and be assimilated. Don't even think about resisting the GAS.
But the ride is just fun fun fun.
Haha, oh believe me...I know a good SG. I've got an '05 Gibson SG Standard that I've converted to P90s, and it positively kills.
29120996786_b3ca4b48c5_b.jpg

BGood

Reaction score
Beautiful ! What brand are the P90s ?

Now we need to see the whole herd.

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Beautiful ! What brand are the P90s ?

Now we need to see the whole herd.
Thank you! They're just stock Gibson P90s. They sound absolutely amazing, probably my favorite or 2nd favorite pickups of all time.

As far as the herd goes, I'm down to just 3: the Dot Studio (only guitar I've EVER kept stock), the SG, and this '05 Squier '51 with GFS parts:
29151256944_2ae1b659f1_b.jpg

Technically I have a Moniker Zuma at the moment as well, but I'm going to sell it since I don't use it much:
29844025960_0f51faacb5_b.jpg

Ive modified quite a few guitars over the years, but now that I'm getting into custom builds for people, I'm rather enjoying the fact that I don't have a ton of guitars with sometimes finicky mods (i.e. Onboard effects and the like). The only other guitar I'm really looking to add is a big-body hollow, like a Broadway or older Emperor Regent.

Reaction score
My 2 Epis, my oldest guitar, an Epi S-310 Strat copy from the early '90s, and my newest acquisition, an Epi LP Special II, which, as far as I can tell from the S/N, was made in 2010. Both of them are heavily modded

odelay01

Reaction score
Here she is!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg