Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
I know I've posted these on other threads but I love these guitars and besides the Sheraton II is now completed (I think:ohno:).

1962 "50th Anniversary" Sheraton

2002 Sheraton II

The Sheraton II already had most of the work done when I bought her (CTS Pots & upgraded wiring, Elitist pickups, Bigsby B-7 and GraphTech Aged Nut). I wasn't completely happy with the bridge so I had my tech replace it, he also rewired it again with Switchcraft switch and replaced one of the Spraque Hyrel Capacitors(it had drifted a lt). He also put on the "Duane Eddy" Tremelo arm Knobs swapped for gold reflectors and the "Custom Made" plaque.

The only possible change now is the machine heads, possibly to a set of imperial buttoned ones? and A custom made TRC.

Jay Bones

Reaction score
QUbMO4i.jpg

OwvlEZH.jpg

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Had a decent day and wanted to take a few pictures of my new Inspired by 1955 Custom; decided to grab a couple of shots of two of my other Lesters as well.

1960 Tribute Plus

Bonamassa Goldtop

Inspired by 1955 Custom

Shane
That Goldtop is GAS-inducing! Dang it!

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
I like how you did the custom made thing to hide the holes. It looks so much better. Can you believe Gibson is selling a 335 now that is basically the reverse of this?? And for $4,500

12447718-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

12447718-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

Sad but true my friend, the worst thing for me is that IMHO most people don't realise that you could a decent pre 2008 korean model (can't comment on earlier Jap or later chinese models, haven't played any) and even including Bigsby, new custom pickups and wiring and "custom" Plaque the whole thing would cost less than half the price of the 335.

I've just got back from my local guitar store which has one of the new 335's in (it belongs to the stores manager). I had my sherry with me. we tested them side by and most of the staff (cork sniffers aside) commented on the fact that the ES-335 certainly wasn't £2000 better.

Sadly as we all know people only think of Epiphone's as entry to mid level guitars - This I put down Gibson's (from norlin to present mis-management) systematic destruction of the Epiphone brand to avoid decent competition - I'll get off my soapbox now:).

Raiyn

Reaction score
Sadly as we all know people only think of Epiphone's as entry to mid level guitars - This I put down Gibson's (from norlin to present mis-management) systematic destruction of the Epiphone brand to avoid decent competition - I'll get off my soapbox now:).
No, you're right. On the other hand, they still have good bones. With a little effort and some good mods, a "mid-level" Epi can truly surprise people. The best part is knowing what you have afterwards vs what you paid.

PeterOeh

Reaction score
No, you're right. On the other hand, they still have good bones. With a little effort and some good mods, a "mid-level" Epi can truly surprise people. The best part is knowing what you have afterwards vs what you paid.

@Raiyn you are so right.. here is a fun little story.
in the building where we use to rehearse, there was alot of other rehearsal units, and quite a few bands.
the band next door/unit was actually really good and had some killer original songs.
all the mebers was/is really great musicians, but they had a really shitty attitude (they acted like they been touring the world for 30+ years, when fact is none of the member was over 25 years old).
one night some of us (a few diff bands) had a jam session. at some point me and the lead guitarist from the band next door (the band with the shitty attitude) got into talking sustain.
hes main point was that epiphone was way to crappy and shitty to keep a tone for more than a few seconds. he also bitched about how horrible epiphone was to stay in tune.
at this point i already knew my epiphone les paul standard would sustaine for at least 8-12 seconds (direct plugged into amp) and had no problems stay in tune no matter how hard you bend (got a wilkinson roller bridge on and tusq nut).
so we decide to both pick the same note/same string. he goes first, and hes gibson les paul sustained for around 8 seconds.
my turn, i pick the note and it sustain for 13 seconds.. i never seen a dude going through so many emotions in such a short time. it was like he couldnt process the result, or he didnt believe what he just witnessed.
we ended up checking sustain for over 30 min, picked every note on the fretboard, tryed diff amp settings, etc etc.
he ended up walking out without saying a word.. i think the fact that hes expensive gibson les paul couldnt out sustain a epiphone kinda broke him.. a cork sniffers rude awakening.. i fucking love epiphone, im not afraid to say it and i play it proudly

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
@Raiyn you are so right.. here is a fun little story.
in the building where we use to rehearse, there was alot of other rehearsal units, and quite a few bands.
the band next door/unit was actually really good and had some killer original songs.
all the mebers was/is really great musicians, but they had a really shitty attitude (they acted like they been touring the world for 30+ years, when fact is none of the member was over 25 years old).
one night some of us (a few diff bands) had a jam session. at some point me and the lead guitarist from the band next door (the band with the shitty attitude) got into talking sustain.
hes main point was that epiphone was way to crappy and shitty to keep a tone for more than a few seconds. he also bitched about how horrible epiphone was to stay in tune.
at this point i already knew my epiphone les paul standard would sustaine for at least 8-12 seconds (direct plugged into amp) and had no problems stay in tune no matter how hard you bend (got a wilkinson roller bridge on and tusq nut).
so we decide to both pick the same note/same string. he goes first, and hes gibson les paul sustained for around 8 seconds.
my turn, i pick the note and it sustain for 13 seconds.. i never seen a dude going through so many emotions in such a short time. it was like he couldnt process the result, or he didnt believe what he just witnessed.
we ended up checking sustain for over 30 min, picked every note on the fretboard, tryed diff amp settings, etc etc.
he ended up walking out without saying a word.. i think the fact that hes expensive gibson les paul couldnt out sustain a epiphone kinda broke him.. a cork sniffers rude awakening.. i fucking love epiphone, im not afraid to say it and i play it proudly
:cheers:
Normally, my guitar teacher hates SG's, but my modded G400 has entranced him.

The turquoise SL, the uke, and the blonde are new, as is the kid's drum set.

View attachment 6441 View attachment 6442
You didn't find the SL under a bridge right?. :p

Kid's drum set?

To be fair, they got him a double kick drum setup for round two.

Latest posts