Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

60CycleHum

Reaction score
Hey Eric, I'm right with you - similar background and just picked up a 'like new' 2017 Sunburst ES-335 Pro. I was also wondering the same thing, so I contacted Epiphone & they emailed me right back to inform me that it is indeed plastic. I've done my own setups for years - and done a lot of upgrading as well - but seem to have a 'green thumb' when it comes to nuts. I bought a Graphtech Tusq XL & worked with it all day on Saturday, but just couldn't get it quite right (once again), so I just put the stock plastic one back in. I always use Big Bends Nut Sauce, and have had no problem with this nut at all. I really like how it fits and the height of the strings at the first fret, where I do play quite a bit. The intonation is fine there and the action is nice & low. The only other thing I did was loosened each pot (one at a time), 'fished' them back the the f-hole and thoroughly sprayed them out with DeOxit. It plays and sounds great for me (now that my 'cork sniffing' days are behind me as well), so I think I'm set to enjoy it for years without considering any mods. Enjoy yours!
View attachment 13083

Congrats E56. Nice guitar and thanks for the clarification. I actually called Gibson since I originally asked the Q and was told the same. Still absolutely loving mine. If you’re reading this and ever have tuning, fretting or intonation issues, do yourself a favor and have it professionally set up if you’re not like E56 and can do the process yourself. Usually runs about $50 (sometimes including strings) and is so worth it. Can turn something you don’t want to pick up into your #1).

Added the vintage amber knobs this week and much prefer them, both the look and the feel. Don’t know what my photo flipped but wtf. You get the idea.

4B63C68E-91C3-4E73-AB02-5F28142344A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Eagle 56

Reaction score
Congrats E56. Nice guitar and thanks for the clarification. I actually called Gibson since I originally asked the Q and was told the same. Still absolutely loving mine. If you’re reading this and ever have tuning, fretting or intonation issues, do yourself a favor and have it professionally set up if you’re not like E56 and can do the process yourself. Usually runs about $50 (sometimes including strings) and is so worth it. Can turn something you don’t want to pick up into your #1).

Added the vintage amber knobs this week and much prefer them, both the look and the feel. Don’t know what my photo flipped but wtf. You get the idea.

View attachment 13115

Eagle 56

Reaction score
Thanks, and yours looks very nice as well. I decided that I "wasn't going to give up" on the Tusq XL Nut and got it successfully installed. If I was still gigging or playing with a band I might consider upgrading things like the pots & pickups, but honestly they work just fine for my purposes. In fact, I think it sounds/plays just fine as it is. It's really a good guitar for the price.

29er

Reaction score
This new "Inspired by" ES-335 Figured is the first Gibson style guitar I have owned for a long, long time. Took delivery on Friday and this guitar is a winner!

Attachments

• Epi 1.jpg
    Epi 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13
  • Epi 2.jpg
    Epi 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Epi 3.jpg
    Epi 3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 12
  • Epi 4.jpg
    Epi 4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Epi 5.jpg
    Epi 5.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 12

Moe Verde

Reaction score
Another couple of Epiphones to rub shoulders with my 1995 Sheraton II

Last Saturday (21 Nov. 2020) was NGD here at Casa Verde; I obtained one of the newly-released Wilshire P-90s, in cherry. Boys and girls, this is a lot of fun to play. Light as a feather!

My late brother-in-law owned this FT-160 Texan twelve-string; I inherited it when he passed away. I have a lovely Seagull twelve-string and so the Texan remained in a storage unit. Not long ago I fetched it from there and slapped new strings on it, cleaned it up, etc. Nice to have a spare and to keep in alternate tunings (right now it's in DADGAD).

Moe Verde

Reaction score
Another couple of Epiphones to rub shoulders with my 1995 Sheraton II .

Last Saturday (21 Nov. 2020) was NGD here at Casa Verde; I obtained one of the newly-released Wilshire P-90s, in cherry. Boys and girls, this is a lot of fun to play. Light as a feather!MV_Wilshire.jpg

My late brother-in-law owned this FT-160 Texan twelve-string; I inherited it when he passed away. I have a lovely Seagull twelve-string and so the Texan remained in a storage unit. Not long ago I fetched it from there and slapped new strings on it, cleaned it up, etc. Nice to have a spare and to keep in alternate tunings (right now it's in DADGAD).
MV_Texan12.jpg

Keefoman

Reaction score
This new "Inspired by" ES-335 Figured is the first Gibson style guitar I have owned for a long, long time. Took delivery on Friday and this guitar is a winner!
Looks very nice!

engineeringAwkwards

Reaction score
It's been 9 years since I've had an Epiphone, but I came across this beauty and I couldn't resist.
Same year/model as my first electric guitar! But it's the Emily the Strange Edition I really wanted as a kid!!

PXL_20201206_022656918~2.jpg

It's in poor condition body wise. The owner before really bashed up the edges and it has a massive chip on the back, they did a terrible fix up job on it.

PXL_20201204_075941453~2.jpg PXL_20201204_094003691~2.jpg

So I have abit if a project ahead to get this guitar looking less abused but it will be wroth it!

However I have a question, anyone know a straight swap for the machine heads? Looking for some locking tuners of good quality :)

It's an SG G-310.

PXL_20201206_105851582~2.jpg

engineeringAwkwards

Reaction score
If you're looking for a tuner that will drop in and use the existing screw holes I believe the Gotoh 3x3 set would do the trick. By the way cool SG.

I found them and most importantly the model number! Only painful part is I'll have to order them from the USA. Apparently Australia doesn't want to stock them in chrome??!?
Thank you heaps! :)

Latest posts