Show your Other Guitars

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Took this out for a quick maintenance and ended up replacing the original pickups (APH1s) for a Slash set (it's not much of an upgrade - more of a "just because" thing).

20221107_094333 (1).jpg

Ever since the E-II line came out, there've been lots of disparaging remarks about the rebranding, the country of origin myth etc... But I have an ESP standard, E-II and LTD (1000 series) here to compare side by side and not just off of memories or guitar store trials etc - and I personally find that fit and finish on the E-II is actually slightly better than the ESP standard. The LTDs are clearly a step down in quality because the fret work is very different. However, it's not the type of thing that would affect playing - they just lack that premium factor in the finishing, but still very nice. Although that being said, I don't own any current LTDs - all of mine are from the MIK era. I heard they're now installing SS frets on the upper end LTDs as a standard thing, so maybe the newer ones close the gap even further.

syco

Reaction score
whoa!! 5?!?!? Are you planning a specific series of builds??? I smell a very large project :D
Love that black quilt one
The CAR CV 60 is going to be a gift to my brother . The other 4 were just ridiculously cheap ...... figured why not ! Metallic Charcoal was an HH , but got a good deal on on a loaded pickguard , so changed that . CV 50 will probably stay unchanged . Haven't decided on other 2 yet .

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
here are my "others" neatly seated on the couch.

FGN NCLC10 (2012, MIJ)
Tokai Les Paul Custom LC 60 (1984, Made by Fujigen)
FGN Iliad JIL-R (2013, MIJ)

fgn-family3-jpg.400602
As said in the other picture thread.....

Here we go again....

View attachment 4548
FGN (FujiGen) Neo Classic LC-10

View attachment 4550
Gibson Midtown Custom
u guys both posted two black customs and tele. and both have a Gibson an FGN?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I don't usually talk about my MK Decree because I suppose I'd rather it was an Epi I enjoyed even more but I will say this much about it. For the money ($430 street price) these are one hell of a well built guitar.

The pickups are called MK PAFs and they do have that same clarity of an underwound PAF. That's what attracted me and why I bought one just to see if I liked the humbuckers which are not my favorites by far.

But they can both be split giving 8 different tonal settings. The body is chambered so it weighs well under 9lbs. The the body neck and headstock are also bound, the nut is graphite, dual action truss rod, Grover tuners, and they used Tone Pros hardware. The fretboard is Macassar Ebony with pearl inlays, and the top is flamed maple veneer.

That's a lot of quality put into a $400 plus guitar when other like it are $200-$400 more. My only gripe is I wish the neck was a little beefier but I can live with that given how good the rest is. That and of course few know about the line which is sold almost exclusively through Sam Ash.

syco

Reaction score
I don't usually talk about my MK Decree because I suppose I'd rather it was an Epi I enjoyed even more but I will say this much about it. For the money ($430 street price) these are one hell of a well built guitar.

The pickups are called MK PAFs and they do have that same clarity of an underwound PAF. That's what attracted me and why I bought one just to see if I liked the humbuckers which are not my favorites by far.

But they can both be split giving 8 different tonal settings. The body is chambered so it weighs well under 9lbs. The the body neck and headstock are also bound, the nut is graphite, dual action truss rod, Grover tuners, and they used Tone Pros hardware. The fretboard is Macassar Ebony with pearl inlays, and the top is flamed maple veneer.

That's a lot of quality put into a $400 plus guitar when other like it are $200-$400 more. My only gripe is I wish the neck was a little beefier but I can live with that given how good the rest is. That and of course few know about the line which is sold almost exclusively through Sam Ash.
I love the looks of that guitar , just have never been crazy about the " string thru bodies " .

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I love the looks of that guitar , just have never been crazy about the " string thru bodies " .

Admittedly it's a little different but it does save the addition of tailpiece so it strings up like my Teles straight through and over the bridge. Looks wise it's a definite departure from the Gibby/Epi body towards an Asian type ESP or Schecter style. It sounds and plays as good as it looks too.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Yes, WMI makes both brands. I had a Michael Kelly when I was in NYC and regret selling it. It was a sweet LP style guitar.

Thank you for that. Somewhere I thought I'd read that WMI was the maker so this confirms it. I ordered a demo from a Sam Ash store in Sarasota and when it arrived it had a shorted out neck pickup.

The manager of the store got a new one shipped out to me before I even received the label for the return which of course they paid for. I was pretty astonished at the quality level for a guitar in it's price range.

The personal service from that store was so good it's also where I bought my G&L M2000 bass from. Care about and for the customer has it rewards and I will continue recommending that store to others.

Raiyn must also be familiar with it since it's in his neck of the woods. I only wish they had stores in the western states as well. They seem to be all GC should be but seldom ever is at least in most locations.

syco

Reaction score
Whoa that looks badass. Does it come in that finish and with that hardware/electronics combo??? Or has this already been modded?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's modded .... since he said they were fun to mod . :hmm: :D

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I searched up the contemporary series on the Fender site and was impressed!!! The HH FR strat in that same metallic green finish looks sweet - it's even got a roasted maple neck to make it in style.
I'd prefer a no pickguard superstrat ala Charvel or EVH, but these seem to be much better deals for a mod platform.

Latest posts