Show your Other Guitars

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brewser

Reaction score
Beautiful work. Are these scratch builds or kits? Either way they look great. I’m especially interested in that Danelectro. I’ve been thinking I need to get into a new kit project but something different.
Thanks, All are scratch built, except for necks. I buy raw fretted necks, then carve the headstock shapes and apply finishes.
Here's a link to the build:

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Picked this up today after selling one of my others and therefore under Regulation 24, Subsection 8, Paragraph B which deals with an empty space in a guitar rack I was forced to spend the money on another. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

baja.jpg
baja1.jpg

This is my personal Holy Grail Tele, a Baja model with a nice fat soft "V" neck, vintage 50s Broadcaster pickups, 4-way switching, and an S1 switch for out of phase tones. It's a 2017 (they're no longer made) but in like new condition. Previous owner is a first class country picker who kept it in showroom condition. I can cross this off my bucket list now.

Last edited:

Keefoman

Reaction score
I’ve got a Baja Tele too. Just like yours, only mine is heavily modified… But agree with you on the neck. Fenders V necks are very comfortable.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a Baja Tele too. Just like yours, only mine is heavily modified… But agree with you on the neck. Fenders V necks are very comfortable.
I've been wanting one for years. In fact it was on my most recent list of bases still uncovered. No sooner did I post that response than this one showed up locally a couple weeks ago. I gave it a few days to see if the GAS wore off. It didn't so I set my plan in motion.

I listed 3 of my guitars hoping that one would sell and liberate some funds. I got a lot of response from lookers but until today no serious buyers when two showed up for my G&L Comanche. The first guy offered me $100 less the second paid my asking price.

With the Comanche sold I messaged the seller of the Baja I was ready to buy and luckily it was still available and for $50 less than originally listed. So with cash in hand from the sale of the Comanche I headed out to buy the Baja. It's in mint condition and bone stock.

As much as I typically love modifying Teles I can't think of anything I'd change on a Baja. I love the neck, the pickups are very similar to CS Nocasters, and it already has 4-way switching. Those are the three things I often modify so there's no need to do it.

I'll miss the Comanche but those are still made and therefore easy enough to reacquire if I want. So three people got exactly what they wanted out of the day. Can't do much better than that.

cirex

Reaction score
I'd like to show you my other guitar which is a Sire Larry Carlton S7FM TBL 2nd Gen.

Attachments

• 20240913_200655.jpg
    20240913_200655.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts