Silverburst'n!

• Thread starter jamdogg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eS.G.

Reaction score
DO IT! I highly recommend them!
ghost_zpswcre7qwj.jpg

eS.G.

Reaction score
Jamdogg.....do you have it yet???????

Seriously ----all GASing aside. of all of mine the one pictured (God FORBID) if I had to go to just 1.......she would be the ONE.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
Mine is under the knife right now but here it is prior to being modded:

Great guitar that pretty much lives in drop-d for playing Tool :)

Shane

gsmacleod

Reaction score
UNDER THE KNIFE:shock:
What's up, Doc

I'm replacing the switch and pups; while I had it apart, I scraped and oiled the board and am debating whether or not I want to add coil splits (or maybe go full Page wiring) and I'm probably putting in new caps as well since the ones that are there are cut too short to easily wire things 50's style.

Shane

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I'm replacing the switch and pups; while I had it apart, I scraped and oiled the board and am debating whether or not I want to add coil splits (or maybe go full Page wiring) and I'm probably putting in new caps as well since the ones that are there are cut too short to easily wire things 50's style.

Shane
Sounds like a good plan, keep us up to date.

jamdogg

Reaction score
Jamdogg.....do you have it yet???????

Seriously ----all GASing aside. of all of mine the one pictured (God FORBID) if I had to go to just 1.......she would be the ONE.

I'm showing pretty good restraint - have not pulled the trigger! Is it a good deal, being a "2nd"? Its local to me, will try to get downtown to play it . They also have a cinnamon colored Epi LP that looks nice.

eS.G.

Reaction score
If its a "New seconds" factory refurb deal then yeah it should be fine I havce owned a couple over the years that had zero issues. price is good---retailers here try and get about 100.00 more than that for 2nds.--
Silverbursts are a little rare.....go play the animal and see what ya think----Cinnamon Girls are nice to----could spend your life with one lol

Reaction score
Don't like the new Silverburst finish (I always called it Silver Sunburst). I had a 1984 Gibson Les Paul in Silverburst. The silver portion was a teardrop - is did not follow the countour of the body. I don't like the current ones.

Alty

Reaction score
We got a Silverburst Firebird Bass in today, it's nice but feels too light for the size of it, it's strange, nice original case though, also got a MIC Silverburst Squier Strat in with 3 SD Humbuckers LOL....now that is a weird one.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Pics?????? Silverburst Firebird Bass? OR Thunderbird? I am confused....and have never seen a silverburst bird----please pics :)

Latest posts