Songs you're working on

Raiyn

Reaction score
I thought there was an existing thread on this, but either there isn't one or I didn't use the right keywords.

Anyway, lately I'm working on getting Buzzcocks - "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)" as it is an absolute bugger of an earworm.

So what are you guys learning today?

Darkness

Reaction score
This is one I'm learning. The rhythm part is not hard but has a funny time signature. Learning the lead part now. I like it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
This is one I'm learning. The rhythm part is not hard but has a funny time signature. Learning the lead part now. I like it.

It's different, kinda has a bit of a "Scarborough Fair" thing going. :thumbs:

I've also been dinking around with "A Forest" by The Cure

When a guy's got a flanger, might as well make use of it. :D

Darkness

Reaction score
I haven't heard that one in a long while

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
I thought there was an existing thread on this, but either there isn't one or I didn't use the right keywords.

Anyway, lately I'm working on getting Buzzcocks - "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)" as it is an absolute bugger of an earworm.

So what are you guys learning today?

The last one I learned that I didn’t write was Harvest Moon by Neil Young. I just had 42nd wedding anniversary!

Raiyn

Reaction score
I wish I could play this well..
Well, what are you working on? :cheers:

I'm over here posting what some might consider basic stuff. Then again, I've always said I'm better at working on 'em than playing 'em!

This is a thread for inspiring folks to play and try stuff regardless of skill level. It doesn't matter if it's basic 3 chord punk, folk, funk, shred, or whatever!

I don't even care if you're rocking the 035, as long as you're picking up an axe and trying something.

2020 saw a bunch of guitar sales - which means a bunch of new and existing players - consider this a kick in the pants to learn something!

Last edited:

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Finished learning , Crying in the Rain by White Snake and House Burning Down by Jimi Hendrix.

If I do a cover tune, I do it verbatim, no matter how complex or how simple.

I jumped out of my skin after learning The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
Finished learning , Crying in the Rain by White Snake and House Burning Down by Jimi Hendrix.

If I do a cover tune, I do it verbatim, no matter how complex or how simple.

I jumped out of my skin after learning The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young.
The music to Needle came to me ina dream about a week after it released. The next day I had to show all the guys the chords and riffs. Needle is a pretty great tune!

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
So, what are you working on now?
Gotta keep growing.

I love working on Allan Holdsworth style of playing and Blues, even though I am a shredder type of guitarist.

Lately, I've been getting into Trevor Rabin, the Edge and Andy Summer style of playing to round off my playing.

Latest posts