The New FAKE Epi thread

Ajsullivan

Reaction score
It looks like it was drawn freehand.
Interestingly that is the one I think his highly likely to be genuine. Bought it from an old man whom I am pretty sure had it from new and it was store-bought. It is the one with the smaller body dimensions. The serial comes out as 2015 Indonesia. The other is the one I thought was more likely to be fake, SW is a code I can't find. The body size is very big, it sounds great though to be fair - much more resonant than the smaller so it's not a complaint just interesting.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
guitar-2-jpg.13418

This is a newer one, made March 2015 at the indonesian Samick factory

guitar-3-jpg.13417

this one is from 2006, never seen or heard of a factory with 'SW' code
this OEM factory might not have been producing for Epi for a long time
and sure specs can differ

Ajsullivan

Reaction score
guitar-2-jpg.13418

This is a newer one, made March 2015 at the indonesian Samick factory

guitar-3-jpg.13417

this one is from 2006, never seen or heard of a factory with 'SW' code
this OEM factory might not have been producing for Epi for a long time
and sure specs can differ
Thanks for the reply - is there a way to find out? I was looking for an epiphone email but couldn't find one anywhere - I know other manufacturers ID their guitars if you ask?

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Both sticker logos look odd, but the thing that bothered me about the Hummingbird Pro/FC sticker is that it appears to be stuck on a brace.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard more about the "Deep Fakes" supposedly being made by a group of cannibalistic pizza chefs in New Jersey? :ohno:

What's really in that pepperoni, huh? :dunno:

Pierre M

Reaction score
Hey, just bought this beautiful 1993 MIK Samick Joe Pass, I think it's legit but you never know ;)

There's no sticker inside the body.

shaevbdoz6uvrroxbxbg.jpg xkrong9qyfyq5vkovocl.jpg zofz4rod3dsvwnvj4bzr.jpg zuxx2rirt30mkopch8dq.jpg

juks

Reaction score
Wow, I did not realize fakery was such a big issue. I have to keep my eyes open and check my epis. Thanks for all the info.

Darrell Brown on his youtube channel has a Chibson post. He ordered a fred durst burst for $599 and received (two) cardboard pictures of the guitar. Lmao. What a scam! Apparently there was a note in small font stating 'cardboard likeness '.

I hate crooks like that. If you want to (need to) buy something that does not cost much and is not a scam and totally usable, then get a Firefly. I have 3 of them and only wished there was stuff like that available when I was buying my 1st guitar. I paid way more for crap, but there was nothing else existing. Or Harley Benton gets good reviews too. Never tried those myself.

Yes, they imitate the shapes of Gibson and Fender but don't pretend to be something they aren't.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Darrell Brown on his youtube channel has a Chibson post. He ordered a fred durst burst for $599 and received (two) cardboard pictures of the guitar. Lmao. What a scam! Apparently there was a note in small font stating 'cardboard likeness '.
He didn't get scammed, but apparently you did. Chibson posts joke meme products on Facebook etc. Darrell was in on the gag.

https://www.chibson.com

fb_img_15458181007131428-jpg.3260229

cdf5097d8dbfa0cd0a5adca8e2ee869d.jpg

juks

Reaction score
Apparently so, looking at their Instagram. Is that just some people laughing at Chibson the real fake guitars? Is so, kudos to them. Or what is going on here?

Latest posts