TV Show Theme Songs

• Thread starter jwguitar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    puresalem
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevekolt

Reaction score
With vocals, ”Cheers”. For an instrumental, the theme from “SWAT”.

Guitarman

Reaction score
As I thing back on these 64 hard fought years, the one that really sticks is the original Hawaii 5-0 TV show theme and the show. Those drums and intensity of that composition had us all playing the "AIR DRUMS" for quite some time! Those were some of the hallmark times of television, and music of that era all in one. I should have learned to play drums, but I chose 10 years later, to start guitar and I haven't looked back since. Ain't music grand!!!!

jwguitar

Reaction score
I really liked the Rockford Files theme song. (if anyone here is old enough to remember that show!)

I’ve seen it in reruns. I love those old shows. I always wanted one of those gold Pontiacs like James Garner drove around on the Rockford Files!

Equalphone

Reaction score
I had heard the theme song from M.A.S.H. for 32 years before I learned it had words.
:wow:
You know I only learned that myself about ten years ago. You aren’t the only one.

I'm guessing you guys never saw the original MASH movie.

What annoyed me about the TV version was that they took what's really a dark song about suicide and desperation and turned it into a TV jingle - complete with that upbeat little musical diddy at the end.

Of course, that wasn't half as bad what happened to the show when they let Alan Alda start writing, producing, and directing the shows and it went from comedy to serious commentary.

But I digress.

Latest posts